MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Surviving with a roommate Myaccount Residence & Housing 20 11-11-2009 11:06 AM
Surviving a Long Distance Romance moops Misc 13 09-02-2009 03:01 AM
FYC: Apocalypse Ball Nino MacInsiders Announcements 1 02-28-2009 03:49 PM
Surviving Your Roommates kokosas Residence & Off-Campus Living 2 05-02-2008 02:08 PM
Surviving Residence Part Five: Studying While in Res Chad Residence & Off-Campus Living 0 09-10-2007 01:23 PM

Surviving a Zombie Apocalypse

Old 07-26-2012 at 03:18 PM   #46
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

Since apparently tons of people have zombie plans, the best plans are the creative and isolated ones that no one though of. Everyone tried to take Costco, so in the end no one lives since you are fighting other people.

My new plan? Drive up to Timmins, and halfway between there and North Bay, park (and ditch) your car, and find a deserted cabin or mining town and just fish and hunt for a couple months till the zombies decay and die out. By this time, the people in cities that have survived will have been more organized and likely to have plans, so then join a clan.

Also for the long trip north, helps to bring a friend so it is less lonely too
Old 07-26-2012 at 03:23 PM   #47
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier View Post
*le picture*

k whats your gear setup?
Primary weapon: None of those, too heavy and make too much noise to attract the undead
Seconary weapon: probably the pistol with the silencer
Melee: Katana
Gadget: Binoculars
Vehicle: None of those, bicycle

Reasoning: stealth and maneuverability; I don't plan on mowing down zombies all day long, be like a ninja, stealthy and swift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris23 View Post
Sorry? Lets hear your plan grandmaster warlock...
Well, first of all, it depends on what sort of zombie we're dealing with.. are they fast or slow? Ravenous, searching for kills all the time, or just sort of shambling and migrating randomly?

Regardless, I would probably start by blocking the windows of my house and securing that blockage with furniture so zombies don't get into my house. I would then give my dog an ample supply of food because I probably won't be back for a while (if at all), followed by writing a note to my family. I would then pump my mountain bike up and go find my girlfriend (assuming she's alive), which I know is the foolish thing to do, but alas...

After finding her (or not) I would raid a sporting goods store, bicycle store (upgrade my piece of crap) and maybe find a few of the supplies from that zombieapocalypse survival pictar. I would then head up one of the less used passes to the Hamilton mountain, and make my way to a speciality foods store out in the boonies, in the lessly populated area (east rymal, or thereabouts) and settle down.

Then its reading time. I would hide out as long as possible for all the commotion to die down. The end.
Old 07-26-2012 at 03:32 PM   #48
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
Primary weapon: None of those, too heavy and make too much noise to attract the undead
Seconary weapon: probably the pistol with the silencer
Melee: Katana
Gadget: Binoculars
Vehicle: None of those, bicycle

Reasoning: stealth and maneuverability; I don't plan on mowing down zombies all day long, be like a ninja, stealthy and swift.

Well, first of all, it depends on what sort of zombie we're dealing with.. are they fast or slow? Ravenous, searching for kills all the time, or just sort of shambling and migrating randomly?

Regardless, I would probably start by blocking the windows of my house and securing that blockage with furniture so zombies don't get into my house. I would then give my dog an ample supply of food because I probably won't be back for a while (if at all), followed by writing a note to my family. I would then pump my mountain bike up and go find my girlfriend (assuming she's alive), which I know is the foolish thing to do, but alas...

After finding her (or not) I would raid a sporting goods store, bicycle store (upgrade my piece of crap) and maybe find a few of the supplies from that zombieapocalypse survival pictar. I would then head up one of the less used passes to the Hamilton mountain, and make my way to a speciality foods store out in the boonies, in the lessly populated area (east rymal, or thereabouts) and settle down.

Then its reading time. I would hide out as long as possible for all the commotion to die down. The end.
Lmao a hopeless romantic. What a great guy! haha sounds like one of the better plans from here so far. you even were thoughtful enough to take care of the dog, the rest of us are clearly not thinking in depth enough like you haha nice post!
Old 07-26-2012 at 04:26 PM   #49
Grover
The Law
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 254 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier View Post
k whats your gear setup?
I would choose only the katana- Hanwei Practical XL model. Why use guns when you have steel folded over a thousand times that I certainly believe can cut through just about anything?
Old 07-26-2012 at 04:27 PM   #50
Griffindoor
Account Locked

Liked: 5 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
I would choose only the katana- Hanwei Practical XL model. Why use guns when you have steel folded over a thousand times that I certainly believe can cut through just about anything?
wow man it cant cut through anything its like you dont even know what a zombie apocalypse is
Old 07-27-2012 at 07:04 AM   #51
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffindoor View Post
wow man it cant cut through anything its like you dont even know what a zombie apocalypse is
pretty sure a katana has been proven to cut through flesh... and your comment relating the swords cutting ability to not knowing anything about zombie apocalypses is kind of a stretch and really open ended. Grover is completely right that the katana is the best choice. and it outranks the machete because the machete would gauranteed get stuck in the zombie when slicing. sorry if you took the comment to literally about it cutting through anything, but he is right that the katana would work on flesh.