MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Different profs for cores and tutorials? ShesTheMan Academics 1 08-24-2010 01:40 PM
When Do We get to Choose our Cores/Labs/Tutorials? caludujf Academics 6 08-09-2010 08:25 PM
Cores Labs and Tutorials Angoose Academics 28 07-31-2010 10:05 AM
Help --- Cores available but Tutorials are Full sinthusized Academics 7 08-11-2008 08:53 PM
When do I select my cores, tutorials, and labs? Look here (other important info too) aviaf First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 07-07-2008 02:26 AM

Switching cores and tutorials...

Old 08-11-2009 at 11:53 AM   #1
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Switching cores and tutorials...
So I would like to change my biology core from 01 to 02, and my chemistry core from 02 to 01. This includes having to change a tutorial/lab slot for chemistry from T30 to T51.

Since this is my first year, can anyone explain how the process for changing courses will work?

It starts at 8.30am on August 13th, right? So I sign on to SOLAR then, and then what? Will it allow me to change my chem and will it say you have a conflict with bio (they'd be at the same time) until I changed it? What happens if I can't move bio because it's full but I moved chem, for example? Can I just revert back to my original schedule they gave me without fear of losing my spot in my classes?

Thanks
Old 08-11-2009 at 12:00 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist11 View Post
So I would like to change my biology core from 01 to 02, and my chemistry core from 02 to 01. This includes having to change a tutorial/lab slot for chemistry from T30 to T51.

Since this is my first year, can anyone explain how the process for changing courses will work?

It starts at 8.30am on August 13th, right? So I sign on to SOLAR then, and then what? Will it allow me to change my chem and will it say you have a conflict with bio (they'd be at the same time) until I changed it? What happens if I can't move bio because it's full but I moved chem, for example? Can I just revert back to my original schedule they gave me without fear of losing my spot in my classes?

Thanks
You rush the door like the hundreds/thousands of other students trying to get into SOLAR at 8:30AM on August 13th.

When you get on, you'll see drop down menus beside each course. If you want a course changed you just use the drop down menu and select "modify". Then you can select your sections ^-^

Once you switch sections, it's not guaranteed to get back into your previous section. But you'll still have a spot in your class, you'll just be in the last section you choose.
Old 08-11-2009 at 12:01 PM   #3
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

It will look just like SOLAR did when you originally picked your courses except the drop down menus for Cores and Tutorials will now be available for you to check.

If the Cores and Tutorials #s you want are available they will say that, and if not they will say full. Anything that is available it will allow you to switch into. You just have to modify everything you want and then confirm. As long as you fix all conflicts before confirming you should be fine and your schedule will be updated within the hour.

If you can't change to something b/c it is full you just have to wait and keep trying. This can be a sucky situation but that's how it works. Hopefully you get lucky and the core and tutorial you want to switch are both available.

Usually better times (ie not 8:30 classes) are full and crappy times tend to be easy to switch into.
Old 08-11-2009 at 12:34 PM   #4
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

So (assuming the sections I want are all available) it makes no difference what order I modify them in, as long as by the end I have no conflicts?

Thanks for the help so far