MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Switching courses, will there be this unavailibility problem? desimac First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 09-14-2010 10:56 AM
switching courses Johnnyzzz Academics 2 09-13-2010 02:35 PM
Will the first term courses be offered in second term too? nanaaoyama First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-04-2010 10:37 PM
Term 3 Courses MrSmith Academics 8 06-16-2009 12:12 AM
Switching Courses? emartin07 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 06-10-2008 06:52 AM

Switching my Second Term Courses

Old 10-30-2008 at 01:48 PM   #1
RoyK
Zetsubou Sensei

Liked: 71 Times

Switching my Second Term Courses
I have absolutely no idea how to do this, and I wanna get it out of the way asap. I've got conflicting classes in second term, and any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Old 10-30-2008 at 04:13 PM   #2
DannyV
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

It's done the same way you picked classes in the summer, you go to SOLAR and Drop/Add the courses your want.
Old 10-30-2008 at 05:19 PM   #3
jmbauman
Union Market Manager

Liked: 32 Times

It's just as frustrating as in the summer too. [I've been having an epic battle with SOLAR for a solid week now]

Try now, but don't get angry if all the courses are full. Just fight your way in to them come January, or speak to an academic councilor
Old 10-30-2008 at 05:35 PM   #4
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

The sooner you get this resolved, the easier it will be on you later.

Come January every one and their mother will be on SOLAR trying to change their courses again.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Last edited by kokosas : 10-30-2008 at 07:37 PM.
Old 11-05-2008 at 04:02 PM   #5
jtran89

Liked: 0 Times

A great tool that some people over look is the use of the master course time table which can be found here:

https://adweb.cis.mcmaster.ca /mtt/

Essentially you can "build" your own timetable, this is a great tool to see when and where classes are and when classes are available. You can generally build your timetable the way you want. It does take quite a bit of time to make the perfect timetable and also to put in mind availability of the class.

RoyK says thanks to jtran89 for this post.