MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Needs Stats 2nd semester, Offering 1st semester science4ever Academics 0 09-06-2011 08:04 PM
Taking a semester off Steph Butter General Discussion 6 03-11-2010 03:14 PM
Taking labour studies 1A03 and 1C03 in same semester? lizziemcg First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-28-2009 07:22 PM
Econs.. 1B03 and 1BB3 dacrown4life Academics 3 08-16-2007 06:18 PM

Taking both Econs one semester

Old 01-01-2012 at 06:05 PM   #1
stja1

Liked: 4 Times

Taking both Econs one semester
Is taking both Econs one semester too much? I will have Bio (1A03), Chem and psych(1xx3) along side it ?
Old 01-01-2012 at 06:11 PM   #2
baodo1
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 6 Times

econ 1b03 and 1bb3 are pretty easy. you don't need to worry
Old 01-01-2012 at 06:11 PM   #3
particle
Elite Member

Liked: 30 Times

I think the midterms will be on the same day, Saturday I believe. This might be something you want to consider.
Old 01-01-2012 at 07:41 PM   #4
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

You'll be fine but it will be tough to study for both midterms, as they are usually consecutive (one after the other) on Saturdays. A large chunk of at least 2 Saturdays will go this way and I hear Microecon has gotten tougher. That being said, go to lectures (to listen to the material and reduce studying time), do the homework and make summary sheets and you should be golden.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 01-01-2012 at 07:54 PM   #5
contigency

Liked: 0 Times

its not that bad, i took both econs in the same semester last year, the only downside is that as othes mention you will probably have both your econ midterms on the same day
Old 01-01-2012 at 10:46 PM   #6
vinny06

Liked: 3 Times

On the bright side, from what I've heard, the first few chapters of the two couses are prett much the same. So, your workload for the first little while may be somewhat less. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 01-01-2012 at 11:45 PM   #7
yaroslav64

Liked: 26 Times

Micro is a joke, but macro is actually decently difficult.
Old 01-01-2012 at 11:56 PM   #8
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

honesty i didnt even find macro that difficult, least effort i ever put into any course, best grade so far.

If you dont want to write the midterms on same day, you can do early write for which oneyou feel better at..and yes i swear both classes do the first 5 chapters
Old 01-02-2012 at 06:36 AM   #9
Nishan Anand

Liked: 6 Times

Material for the first midterm for both courses are the exact same and Macro gets a little harder after that. I guess it won't be too bad to take them together.
Old 01-02-2012 at 10:47 AM   #10
zorattiMatt

Liked: 1 Time

If you study more than me, you'll do fine ...hint, I didn't study too much!
I still passed though, and got okay marks in both, but landing A's in these two courses is much easier than the Bio and Chem you've got going!

Edit:
I also took both in one term.
Old 01-03-2012 at 03:26 PM   #11
brpatel

I took micro last semester and I wish I had also taken macro at the same time. Micro was very easy(quizzes are basically free marks and the tests were easy). The macro prof mentioned today that you will not be able to use the early write simply because you have a micro test right after.
Old 01-03-2012 at 04:12 PM   #12
keiser=)

Liked: 12 Times

i took both econs last semester. it was kinda boring that there are overlaps between them in the first 4 chapters so you may find it easy. The rest of the chapters are wasn't that bad as long as you study practice questions lend by the professors and prepare at least few days before midterms and final exam. Test dates are little bit trickier cause they are written in Saturdays so if you may want to use early write form you can do so (just give something believable reasons for the write). Like the main aim of ECONOMICS, use your available resources EFFICIENTLY as possible in order to bring more output and obtain satisfaction as an knowledge consumer.
Old 01-03-2012 at 09:59 PM   #13
brie

It is possible to take both econs in one sems - i did it and did fine in the courses. just time manage well and keep on top of your work (I also found that some material overlapped with each other which was helpful)
Old 01-04-2012 at 11:27 AM   #14
Sima

Both econs in the same semester is very manageable, especially when you have harder courses like chem and psych in the same semester. It is good to have econ as an elective with those harder courses because you don't need to devote a large amount of time to the econ courses, so you can have more time for the chem, bio, and psych courses, that are definitely more time consuming.
Old 01-09-2012 at 05:25 PM   #15
davidbig

You should be just fine taking both at one time. A good portion of the content overlaps on the first midterms making studying quite a bit easier. Overall, neither class is overly difficult so you should be fine.