MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Telus Service Charbs Computers & Tech 34 10-03-2010 10:48 PM
Rogers or Bell? anthony Computers & Tech 44 08-03-2010 04:29 PM
Rogers-iPhone-plans-anyeone work there maybe? Katia Computers & Tech 25 10-30-2009 11:40 PM
telus celphone zzongmellong General Discussion 3 10-09-2009 10:32 PM
Are you a Rogers Customer? kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 8 11-29-2008 03:04 PM

TELUS OR ROGERS for Iphone 4?

Old 07-18-2010 at 04:56 PM   #16
Toast
Elite Member

Liked: 258 Times

Old 07-18-2010 at 06:28 PM   #17
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Yeah, I wouldn't even trust the iPhone 4 right now. Just wait a little while after it comes out.
Old 07-18-2010 at 06:39 PM   #18
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Meh, you get a free case. lets how much it is in august when its out, unlocked.
Old 07-31-2010 at 10:04 PM   #19
bcars
Elite Member

Liked: 286 Times

Please don't buy an iPhone 4. Get a blackberry. You buy an iPhone 4, I will personally look you up, hunt you down, take your iPhone and sell it to someone who goes to Western.
Old 07-31-2010 at 10:09 PM   #20
blackdragon
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcars View Post
Please don't buy an iPhone 4. Get a blackberry. You buy an iPhone 4, I will personally look you up, hunt you down, take your iPhone and sell it to someone who goes to Western.
iPhone 4 will rock any BlackBerry, any day.

I have mac's, but the iPhone by Apple is simply a product I feel no other company will ever match.
Old 07-31-2010 at 10:11 PM   #21
bcars
Elite Member

The argument would never end, lol. There are blackberry freaks and iphone freaks. Personally, I think the other iPhones are decent but Apple screwed up big time with the iPhone 4 and are handling this horribly PR-wise.
Old 07-31-2010 at 10:21 PM   #22
blackdragon
Elite Member

Quote:
The argument would never end, lol. There are blackberry freaks and iphone freaks. Personally, I think the other iPhones are decent but Apple screwed up big time with the iPhone 4 and are handling this horribly PR-wise.
Hmm. If you are referring to the antenna issues, it seems a lot of Canadians are not experiencing the problem.

iPhone 4 really stepped it up, with HD video, high resolution, and a sleek design. I personally don't own/never have owned an iPhone, but if i had to pick a smartphone right now, iPhone 4 would destroy HTC,RIM, etc.
Old 07-31-2010 at 10:42 PM   #23
bcars
Elite Member

Sure, if you have a reason to buy an HD phone. I'm pretty practical, I just go with what works and is business-practical, which is why I own a blackberry.
Old 07-31-2010 at 10:46 PM   #24
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragon View Post
Hmm. If you are referring to the antenna issues, it seems a lot of Canadians are not experiencing the problem.

iPhone 4 really stepped it up, with HD video, high resolution, and a sleek design. I personally don't own/never have owned an iPhone, but if i had to pick a smartphone right now, iPhone 4 would destroy HTC,RIM, etc.
I really like how the iPhone can now run apps simultaneously.

Quote:
Sure, if you have a reason to buy an HD phone. I'm pretty practical, I just go with what works and is business-practical, which is why I own a blackberry.
Aha, so true. HD on a tiny screen XD
Old 07-31-2010 at 11:00 PM   #25
syaseen
Elite Member

Liked: 27 Times

The antennae issue has been blown way out of proportion. I got my iphone yesterday and havent been able to replicate the death grip. Got it to drop to 4 bars at the mall . I got it to drop to 3 bars in my basement where my old phone got only 1 or 2 bars. Havent gotten it to go bellow 3 bars anywhere. So there isnt any real issue i think. I think it it was bad in the US due to the fact that AT&T's network is shit. If anything it got me a free case ($30 saving) which i would have had to buy.
Old 07-31-2010 at 11:05 PM   #26
bcars
Elite Member

Okay, I'll be honest. The free case is such bull. Everyone mentions the free case. You do realize of course that if Apple hadn't screwed this up in the first place, you wouldn't need a free case? If you were going to get a case anyway, they aren't that expensive and a free case hardly compensates for the cost of the phone. Just saying. AT&T is pretty awful though.
Old 07-31-2010 at 11:10 PM   #27
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Okay, I'll be honest. The free case is such bull. Everyone mentions the free case. You do realize of course that if Apple hadn't screwed this up in the first place, you wouldn't need a free case? If you were going to get a case anyway, they aren't that expensive and a free case hardly compensates for the cost of the phone. Just saying. AT&T is pretty awful though.
Lol, I also think the free case is total bull. It's like saying, here's a car you can buy for 100000$. Although it breaks down often, but not to worry! Here's a custom steering wheel!
Old 07-31-2010 at 11:11 PM   #28
syaseen
Elite Member

Liked: 27 Times

Quote:
I agree that the free case isnt a good fix for a screw-up, but the thing is i havent been able to tell if there even is a problem because cant get it to drop a call or to even drop bars when death gripping it. What im trying to say is that if the iphone had been released in Canada 1st and then later int he US (On AT&T) then i wouldnt even know there was a problem along with most other Canadian users. The problem does exist but i think it has more to do with bad network coverage then it does with the phone.
Old 07-31-2010 at 11:14 PM   #29
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by syaseen View Post
I agree that the free case isnt a good fix for a screw-up, but the thing is i havent been able to tell if there even is a problem because cant get it to drop a call or to even drop bars when death gripping it. What im trying to say is that if the iphone had been released in Canada 1st and then later int he US (On AT&T) then i wouldnt even know there was a problem along with most other Canadian users. The problem does exist but i think it has ore to do with bad network coverage then it does with the phone.
Coverage definitively plays a big part of connectivity. Just look at Rogers compared to Bell. I sadly have Virgin and the signals are pretty weak in places where my friends with Rogers have good connectivity.
Old 07-31-2010 at 11:28 PM   #30
bcars
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Lol, I also think the free case is total bull. It's like saying, here's a car you can buy for 100000$. Although it breaks down often, but not to worry! Here's a custom steering wheel!
Or Toyota, with their recalls of almost every vehicle they've put on the road in the last 10 years for various safety problems.