MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Titles Book List?? feonateresa General Discussion 27 07-05-2009 12:56 AM
Titles Book List is Out! kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 86 07-04-2009 12:52 AM
Second term book list DannyV Academics 7 12-06-2008 10:40 AM
when do i get my book list? WavesSea First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 08-17-2008 02:32 PM

Term II Book List Available

Term II Book List Available

If you wanted to get a head start and buy some of your books for next term early (Christmas presents?) the book lists are available now. You can check it out at: http://titles.mcmaster.ca/text/departments.htm

Please note that not all profs have submitted text lists, so not all courses have books listed at this time.

Afzal, bubbly, feonateresa, Kevin S, Maegs, nh999, salimak, sinthusized all say thanks to lorend for this post.
Published by
MacInsiders VP

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 12-09-2009 at 05:25 PM   #2
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times
i like that all the 2nd year bio books are used books... (except ecology which was a bit ironic)

Old 12-09-2009 at 05:50 PM   #3
arathbon
Elite Member

Liked: 307 Times
Me thinks Chem 1R03 appears to have no books listed

Old 12-09-2009 at 05:52 PM   #4
FireDragoonX
Elite Member

Liked: 142 Times
methinks thou doth reads too little

" Note: If you don't see your courses listed, then we have not yet received the book list from your professor, or there are no course materials required."

Last edited by FireDragoonX : 12-09-2009 at 05:54 PM.

Old 12-09-2009 at 05:54 PM   #5
arathbon
Elite Member

Liked: 307 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDragoonX View Post
methinks doth thou reads too little

" Note: If you don't see your courses listed, then we have not yet received the book list from your professor, or there are no course materials required."
Yes I read that. There is also no professor listed in the master time table yet. Just making an observation about a minor annoyance I have with the fact that I have a class starting in a few weeks with neither a professor or a book list yet....

Old 12-09-2009 at 06:37 PM   #6
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times
please let there be no book for Comp Sci 1FC3 and let my Phy 1L03 sell at 10% off the shelf price (as it's packaged still and in the same condition as what Titles sells)

Old 12-09-2009 at 07:46 PM   #7
thedog123123
Crazy Physicist

Liked: 313 Times
afzal the same prof for 1fc3 last year is teaching it this year. The textbook was about $200 and wasn't used much.

The prof was nice but lets just say the course and how he taught it was an absolute disaster. The average for the two midterms was around ~43%. (I somehow managed on the first one a 95 not so fortunate for the 2nd). Ended up with an 11 but I know alot of people got much lower then this.

this was the website for last years coruse:
http://www.cas.mcmaster.ca/~kahl/CS1FC3/2009/

Old 12-09-2009 at 09:11 PM   #8
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedog123123 View Post
afzal the same prof for 1fc3 last year is teaching it this year. The textbook was about $200 and wasn't used much.

The prof was nice but lets just say the course and how he taught it was an absolute disaster. The average for the two midterms was around ~43%. (I somehow managed on the first one a 95 not so fortunate for the 2nd). Ended up with an 11 but I know alot of people got much lower then this.

this was the website for last years coruse:
http://www.cas.mcmaster.ca/~kahl/CS1FC3/2009/
If it's this one then I hate Titles for selling it at such a high price:
http://www.amazon.com/Discrete-Mathe...ref=pd_sim_b_5

btw, its 4th edition is only $38 on Amazon lol

Old 12-10-2009 at 11:53 PM   #9
Kevin S

Liked: 128 Times
I don't even want to think about second term yet haha :p

Thanks for letting us know though Danielle!

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search