MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Titles book buyback Theexe1 Academics 13 09-21-2010 03:44 PM
Book Editions in titles AnnaWM Academics 4 09-06-2010 06:39 PM
Titles Book List?? feonateresa General Discussion 27 07-05-2009 12:56 AM
when do i get my book list? WavesSea First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 08-17-2008 02:32 PM

Titles Book List is Out!

Titles Book List is Out!

For all of you who are nerdy like me and excited about classes, you can now check out what books are going to be required for your classes on the Titles Course Material Listings.

If possible, hold off on buying your books before you attend your first class as sometimes the Prof will change the required texts or make certain texts optional reading.

Make sure to hold off on custom courseware as it is non-refundable so you can't take it back if you decide to drop/change the course.

When you buy your books, be sure to not open them until you are sure you need them. If you crack the spine you will not get it back for the full price! And whenever you can, buy used

killza says thanks to kokosas for this post.
Published by
MacInsiders Staff

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 08-11-2008 at 09:13 AM   #2
samantha__
Elite Member

Liked: 9 Times
You may find that quite a few of your courses aren't on there -- it's either because your prof hasn't yet sent in a list or there are no textbooks for your class.

Old 08-11-2008 at 09:17 AM   #3
**jewel 03**

Liked: Liked 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samantha__ View Post
You may find that quite a few of your courses aren't on there -- it's either because your prof hasn't yet sent in a list or there are no textbooks for your class.
hey sam you are taking Psych right. How come it only says Optional material for psych does that mean we actually do not need to buy any material for it??

Old 08-11-2008 at 09:28 AM   #4
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times
Yeah two of my courses aren't on the list yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitaa View Post
hey sam you are taking Psych right. How come it only says Optional material for psych does that mean we actually do not need to buy any material for it??
Optional material means that it's not necessary for the course but that it may help you. If you're struggling with the class you may want to buy it, or if you think it might be useful to you later on in your degree. We discussed optional texts in this thread

Old 08-11-2008 at 09:33 AM   #5
samantha__
Elite Member

Quote:
Nooo I took Psych last year... never taking it again lol. I highly suggest with psych, you wait until class starts. Last year, we all bought a book for $120 and never EVER used it. But yeah, what Sabrina said is right, it's optional because it's not necessary for the course.. in some classes, the optional material might be extra practice questions, a book that will let you learn more about a certain topic, etc,

Old 08-11-2008 at 09:37 AM   #6
**jewel 03**

so then technically I do not have to purchase any books for Psych?

Old 08-11-2008 at 09:42 AM   #7
samantha__
Elite Member

Looks like it That optional material for Psych 1X03 is the book we had last year... DONT GET IT. I mean you can if youd like.. but keep it in the original material so that you can return right away.

**jewel 03**, Arif all say thanks to samantha__ for this post.

Old 08-11-2008 at 09:44 AM   #8
**jewel 03**

sorry but just one more question? How do I go about looking and possibly buying from MSU Undercovers, I wanted to check how much they are selling my textbooks for but I don't know how to do that

Old 08-11-2008 at 09:47 AM   #9
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Undercovers is closed until September. I don't think there is a way to find out until they open in Sept.

This is their website with their email and such

Old 08-11-2008 at 10:44 AM   #10
KaylaMarie

Liked: 3 Times
I have a question about used books:

If there is a listing on the Title's website showing that there are some used ones available, are they going to sell out quick? Is there a way for me to reserve a copy/order one now? One of my textbooks is $117 new but Titles is listing that they have used ones for $27

Old 08-11-2008 at 10:48 AM   #11
samantha__
Elite Member

I dont think they reserve old copies. Pretty sure it's first come first serve.. so yeah, they will sell out quickly, I'd imagine. It depends really.. some people just prefer having a new copy. Me going into my 2nd year though, I'm preferrring used copies now because new ones are such a rip off.

Call Titles just to make sure. Here's a list of different contacts: http://titles.mcmaster.ca/geninfo/contact.htm

Old 08-11-2008 at 10:50 AM   #12
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Are you sure about the price cause thats quite the gap, even for a used

Old 08-11-2008 at 10:57 AM   #13
KaylaMarie

Liked: 3 Times
On Hand Sticker Price SKU
New Stock 0 117.95 9780131469129
Used Stock 347 27.85 2900131469128

This is for BIO 1P03

Perhaps it could be an error? Either way, I'd like to get my hands on one of those used ones before they sell out

Old 08-11-2008 at 11:27 AM   #14
pinkshuniza

Liked: 2 Times
hey do you have bio 1po3 in the day?
or the evening? *-)..
i can't find the evening class textbook requirements :S

Old 08-11-2008 at 12:33 PM   #15
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times
MSU Undercovers
Quote:
sorry but just one more question? How do I go about looking and possibly buying from MSU Undercovers, I wanted to check how much they are selling my textbooks for but I don't know how to do that
Undercovers works on a consignment basis. What that means is students can go in and set the price at which they want to sell their books, which usually means they're cheaper They don't open until the beginning of september. But, if you have books to sell, keep this in mind as a good option.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search