MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Titles book buyback Theexe1 Academics 13 09-21-2010 03:44 PM
Textbook Editions No longer posted on Titles!!! BuzzZero Academics 19 09-06-2010 07:21 PM
Titles Book List?? feonateresa General Discussion 27 07-05-2009 12:56 AM
Titles Book List is Out! kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 86 07-04-2009 12:52 AM

Book Editions in titles

Old 08-11-2010 at 05:46 PM   #1
AnnaWM

Liked: 1 Time

Book Editions in titles
So I currently checked the book list from titles,
for ORGANIC CHEMISTRY textbook which is 2A03/2B03,
and CELL BIO LIFE SCI 2B03/ BIO 2B03..

and I found that they carry both the older edition and the newer edition of the book. I'm kinda confused.. if they are carrying both editions then we can use the older edition? and still be fine during the semester.

Last edited by AnnaWM : 08-11-2010 at 05:50 PM.
Old 08-11-2010 at 05:59 PM   #2
JL37

Liked: 5 Times

depending on the course, a lot of people do use the older edition because its basically the same and cheaper. however wait to hear what the prof says first about what edition to use
Old 08-11-2010 at 06:02 PM   #3
AnnaWM

Liked: 1 Time

thanks.. but isn't in the prof who emails titles the book list? So isn't that kinda of hinting you can use whatever textbook? Older or newer edition?
Old 08-11-2010 at 06:04 PM   #4
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Not necessarily, wait till class and see what prof says.
Old 09-06-2010 at 06:39 PM   #5
staceygab
Campus Store

Liked: 97 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaWM View Post
So I currently checked the book list from titles,
for ORGANIC CHEMISTRY textbook which is 2A03/2B03,
and CELL BIO LIFE SCI 2B03/ BIO 2B03..

and I found that they carry both the older edition and the newer edition of the book. I'm kinda confused.. if they are carrying both editions then we can use the older edition? and still be fine during the semester.
The 2nd year Biology books for Organic Chemistry are definitely there with the professor’s explicit permission – the prof recognizes that there’s not all that much difference between the newer and older editions and have allowed us to sell the older edition at a MUCH CHEAPER price in the interest of ensuring more students get the course materials they need at a reasonable price so they can come to class prepared.

The Bookstore can only include the older edition in our listings/offerings if it’s completely okay with the professor. So if you see a situation like this again 1.) grab the cheaper older addition as fast as you can 2.) thank your prof for being sensitive to how expensive textbooks are and working with the Bookstore to help get you what you need at the best price we can.