MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Titles book buyback Theexe1 Academics 13 09-21-2010 03:44 PM
Book Editions in titles AnnaWM Academics 4 09-06-2010 06:39 PM
Titles Book List?? feonateresa General Discussion 27 07-05-2009 12:56 AM
when do i get my book list? WavesSea First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 08-17-2008 02:32 PM

Titles Book List is Out!

Old 08-12-2008 at 01:25 PM   #45
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times
Yep.

[insert unhappy mumblings here].

Old 08-12-2008 at 01:28 PM   #46
pinkshuniza

Liked: 2 Times
ohhh btw, thank you guys for the advice!
i found out who my profs were =D
yet i still can't find out who my bio prof is *-)...
there's no name *-)

Session: FALL/WINTER 2008/2009 Course Status:
Course Offering: BIOLOGY 1P03 TERM 1 EVE Course Title: INTRODUCTORY BIOLOGY
Faculty: SCIENCE Department: BIOLOGY
Notes:
  • Available seats in this course are restricted to students who meet the conditions assigned to the course by the department or faculty
  • When enrolling in this course, students must select (Core) (Tutorial) component(s). Enrolled students may modify their selections for a given component until the end of the Drop and Add Period for that term.
Component Section Details
Status Comp Day(s) Start
Time
End
Time
Meet Term Location Instructor(s) Notes
C01 Mo 19:00 22:00 1 BSB/147
BLOCKED T01 Tu 09:30 11:20 1 ABB/162
BLOCKED T02 Mo 12:30 14:20 1 ABB/162

Old 08-12-2008 at 02:31 PM   #47
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Yeah sometimes it's not listed. Guess it'll be a surprise for you!

Old 08-12-2008 at 02:51 PM   #48
HeatherH
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 10 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citfat View Post
sorry, this may seem obvious but can we return used books for a full refund? (besdies custom courseware?)
You should be able to. ALWAYS ASK THE CASHIER, just to make sure.
I bought some books today, new and used, and you can return them up to September 20th. That is textbooks only, no courseware.

Old 08-12-2008 at 06:06 PM   #49
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times
on the topic of courseware.. titles courseware is REALLY expensive.. if you know you have a class using courseware, encourage your prof to go talk to the MSU underground. They can get them at 20% off and they're a much better quality. Tell them to go talk to Devin Brown (good name lol)..
Now is the time for them to do this so tell your profs now!

Old 08-12-2008 at 09:31 PM   #50
HeatherH
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 10 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokosas View Post
No; you usually get about half the price that you paid for it.

The ONLY time you'll get a full refund is if you bring back a NEW book and it has not been opened or damaged.
Really? I returned used books last year and got the full price back.
When I bought used books today, I asked the cashier if I could return them for full price and he said yes, as long as I had the receipt.

Old 08-12-2008 at 09:34 PM   #51
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

As I told Eva, I went to return a used book the day after I bought it, with all the paper work and I was told I couldn't get the full price back

Old 08-13-2008 at 12:42 PM   #52
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temara.brown View Post
on the topic of courseware.. titles courseware is REALLY expensive.. if you know you have a class using courseware, encourage your prof to go talk to the MSU underground. They can get them at 20% off and they're a much better quality. Tell them to go talk to Devin Brown (good name lol)..
Now is the time for them to do this so tell your profs now!
Are you related to this Brown?

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 08-13-2008 at 02:58 PM   #53
amit

Liked: 0 Times
one question.. i have read posts recommending waiting until the first day of class to buy the books so do you buy all of the books for term 1 and term 2 together or do you only buy term 1 books right now, and books for term 2 when term 2 begins?

Old 08-13-2008 at 09:48 PM   #54
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times
the book list for term 2 isn't available yet.

if you buy books for second semester you can't return them and get a refund...so if you really wanted to you could...but i wouldn't suggest it.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 08-14-2008 at 12:19 AM   #55
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times
Except for Physics 1BB3, but it uses the same book as Physics 1B03... so I guess it's not really a second term book... but it's a second term course

Old 08-14-2008 at 02:07 PM   #56
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

First Year Sciences Students: The First Year Biology Book has changed since last year, so don't buy old editions from upper years!

jhan523 says thanks to kokosas for this post.

Old 08-14-2008 at 02:09 PM   #57
**jewel 03**

Liked: Liked 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokosas View Post
First Year Sciences Students: The First Year Biology Book has changed since last year, so don't buy old editions from upper years!
oh so if I am taking bio 1M03 I should not buy used books for that course?

Old 08-14-2008 at 02:15 PM   #58
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Biological Science is one of the two books that you need right? Last years was the 2nd edition, this years is the 3rd.
There won't be any used in the bookstore, only upper years will be selling them and unless it's the third edition (which it can't be) then you should NOT buy it.

Old 08-14-2008 at 02:21 PM   #59
Eva C
Elite Member

Liked: 3 Times
yeah. if you really want to buy the older edition to save some money, make sure you check with the professor during the first day of class. They can tell you if it has changed alot, etc. For text books with new editions, always wait till class first to check if older editions are okie. It will be more of a hassle for you to prb find the relevant chapters if the prof will only reference from the new book. A bit more work, but its cheaper. So you should wait and see if its worth it.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search