MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Commuting: terrible hassle or what :S drpatel First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 23 08-11-2011 08:13 PM
Seeking Student Support for the Wilson Building (new Liberal Arts Building) finklej MacInsiders Announcements 41 10-31-2010 11:29 PM
terrible tuesdays jordan19 Academics 17 08-20-2010 02:06 PM
Terrible Signature Restrictions? RoyK Computers & Tech 1 07-11-2010 08:28 PM
TERRIBLE experience at Gino's sniderj General Discussion 32 02-02-2010 09:07 AM

Terrible Building and Landlord: Dawn Mildren (26 Bowman st.)

Old 03-20-2014 at 08:58 PM   #1
wiegneb

Liked: 0 Times

Terrible Building and Landlord: Dawn Mildren (26 Bowman st.)
Had a terrible experience living at 26 Bowman st.
The location is great but considering the experience with the landlord/mould issues, I would have preferred to bus an extra 20 minutes and not live here.

First thing the building has a recurring mould issue which she failed to tell my roommates and I about. A huge amount grew in one of the corners of the bedroom and in the closet. At the beginning of the year she requested that we keep the closet door open which makes sense in retrospect. She also initially told us we could buy our own dehumidifier and did not provide one until it was insisted. She also refused to reimburse us for belongings damaged by the mould. It is also not isolated to one apartment as other tenants we have spoken to told us that they had mould issues as well. Rather then conduct a proper clean up, she came and scrubbed it with some bleach and a sponge. And then proceeded to dump the dirty water into the bath tub drain.

She frequently abused the fact that we provided our parents as emergency contacts by contacting them for non-emergency situations on multiple occasions. When I asked her why she did this, she responded by threatening to call the cops. She charged us fees that are not permitted by the landlord and tenancy act. She also removed the knobs from the washing machine so that we do not use the hot water so it saves her money.

All in all by far the worst living experience I've ever had. To whoever is reading I hope you reconsider renting this unit.
Old 03-20-2014 at 09:27 PM   #2
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

Go to bottom of student centre find mcmaster off campus housing. Find out how you can seek legal help

wiegneb says thanks to Leeoku for this post.

Commie42 likes this.