MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What is "opening balance" and "student account balance" fatimaa Financial Aid 2 01-08-2014 10:45 AM
Which residences has the "Women & Leadership" and "All-Female Community" themes? Unregistered First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 05-21-2012 11:15 PM
Unusual combination...anyone here take both "Psych 2C03" and "Math 1LT3" dumbconsumer Academics 2 06-15-2011 08:09 AM
"Most Vegetarian Friendly University" contest rrtt MacInsiders Announcements 34 11-12-2009 02:44 PM

Is there an equivalent "MacInsiders"/student forum at University of Toronto?

Old 03-21-2014 at 07:46 AM   #1
Annie

Liked: 8 Times

Is there an equivalent "MacInsiders"/student forum at University of Toronto?
I was telling a friend about the amazing student forum that we have here at McMaster; a great hub for clubs and students. She was wondering if there was an equivalent of "MacInsiders" (e.g. student forums) available at other Universities? (She goes to University of Toronto).
Old 03-21-2014 at 09:05 AM   #2
MrPlinkett
Account Locked

Liked: 199 Times

Yeah, reddit. No censurship there too. Me thinks mcmaster has a sub-reddit as well.

Annie says thanks to MrPlinkett for this post.

airvcarmelo likes this.
Old 03-21-2014 at 10:49 AM   #3
JayJackson69
Account Locked

Liked: 9 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPlinkett View Post
Yeah, reddit. No censurship there too. Me thinks mcmaster has a sub-reddit as well.
Are you allowed to mention censorship on here?

Amaryll likes this.
Old 03-21-2014 at 10:57 AM   #4
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie View Post
I was telling a friend about the amazing student forum that we have here at McMaster; a great hub for clubs and students. She was wondering if there was an equivalent of "MacInsiders" (e.g. student forums) available at other Universities? (She goes to University of Toronto).
I think the site owner, Chad, said MacInsiders is a unique kind of website and that other universities don't have anything quite like it. The best you'll be able to find for other schools is either Facebook groups or subreddits, most likely.
Old 03-21-2014 at 06:37 PM   #5
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

Don't think so. Macinsiders was started by Chad or people who Chad worked with. Forums are kinda "dying out" since everyone just integrates everything onto FB or reddit
Old 03-22-2014 at 07:04 PM   #6
yma0786

Liked: 0 Times

I believe we do have a Mac subreddit as well!
Old 03-23-2014 at 07:45 PM   #7
Annie

Liked: 8 Times

Gotta love reddit Macinsiders is pretty unique, I was definitely among some of the first users to sign up. I remember there were a bunch of first year chem students that had started mac-central as well; but I haven't heard too much from them. Thanks for the feedback guys!
Old 03-24-2014 at 08:38 PM   #8
NicoPB

Liked: Liked 2 Times

macinsiders4life

Bigmacfatpack, kakarot like this.
Old 03-25-2014 at 02:26 PM   #9
crudel42

Liked: 3 Times

Facebook would be your best bet. Its more personal and you tend to get to meet life long friendship as a result.