MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
taking go bus to mcmaster from markham 737300173 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 20 08-04-2011 10:44 PM
Any Incoming first years in the markham/richmond hill area? SirPhil First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 17 08-03-2011 12:43 PM
McMaster warns grad students – don’t live east of James Street Chad Residence & Housing 0 07-12-2011 07:00 AM
Go bus from Markham to McMaster and vice versa hellonewyork First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 09-01-2009 07:32 AM
Looking for a place to live? crazytown General Discussion 5 04-08-2009 11:56 PM

is there a one way go bus to mcmaster if i live in markham?

Old 07-30-2011 at 11:37 PM   #1

Liked: 0 Times

is there a one way go bus to mcmaster if i live in markham?
and does anyone know the Mississauga transit buses that take you directly to mac?
lastly should i pay the HSR so i get discount when buying go bus tickets?
Old 07-30-2011 at 11:40 PM   #2
adaptation
Elite Member

Liked: 305 Times

You can take sauga transit to square 1, then the go bus to mac.

But no, i don't think mississauga transit can take you to mac solely by mississauga transit... because y'know... they tend to stay in missisauga... :p

L'Étoile, ~*Sara*~ like this.
Old 07-30-2011 at 11:41 PM   #3
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

GURRLLL ur questions don't make no sense. sorry but please clarify everythin u just asked.

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine
Old 07-30-2011 at 11:42 PM   #4
TheBrickWall
Elite Member

Liked: 46 Times

You can take the 47 from Square One directly to campus. This is GO transit.
Old 07-30-2011 at 11:43 PM   #5
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by 737300173 View Post
and does anyone know the Mississauga transit buses that take you directly to mac?
lastly should i pay the HSR so i get discount when buying go bus tickets?
As Michael mentioned, the only route is through square one. I don't know any other station in Mississauga :/. And I don't understand your second question. Your HSR pass is included in your student fees, so you use the HSR buses just by showing your student card. You don't need to pay anything extra. You get a discount when buying GO bus tickets by showing your student card and you can buy these tickets at COMPASS in the student centre.
Old 07-30-2011 at 11:52 PM   #6
MarkA

Liked: 25 Times

I think you could also take the train from the Port Credit or Clarkson stations to Aldershot, then the bus to Mac.
Old 08-01-2011 at 07:44 AM   #7
morgan

Liked: 0 Times

Go Bus 47 runs every half hour between Mac and York University except on weekends. At York U, there are many busses to Markham.
Old 08-01-2011 at 08:08 AM   #8
cheungje

Liked: 1 Time

Markham where?
I know I can take the Hamilton Express to Union and take the Uxbridge/Stouffvile train during Rush Hour. If you're from the East Side of Markham. (Markham Go Station?), they have plenty of buses that travel from Unionville and north onwards that run outside of Rush Hour.

http://www.gotransit.com/publicroot/...&station=&new=

Take the 47 Bus like everyone says. You get a free HSR Pass during the School Year. It's part of the school fee. Unless you're talking about the $15 add-on per month for the summer which works if you get a monthly GO pass.

http://www.gotransit.com/public/en/t...onnecting.aspx