MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
solar courses full (next chance)? banana93 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 24 06-27-2012 07:00 PM
Waiting..... ): any chance? Unregistered First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 05-10-2012 07:47 AM
Chance of being reinstated? john113267 Academics 1 03-15-2011 12:07 PM
Chance of Admission microchip General Discussion 29 05-11-2009 07:11 PM
Still have a chance to be Maroon! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 03-19-2007 09:19 PM

Is there a way or chance that you can get into a course that's full?

Old 08-09-2012 at 09:41 PM   #1
Galanthus
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 11 Times

Is there a way or chance that you can get into a course that's full?
Hello everybody

I hope all is doing well after today's tough day even until now it's kinda a bit rough, but I really do hope that you guys changed or got your desired courses, even if it's some of you hehehehe
Well thanks to some people like "BlackSheepWa" getting into SOLAR was made way faster, so make sure to check his thread, very very helpful really http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...8.html?t=63318

Now my question is, I've been trying since SOLAR opened way back in June or July to get into a language course and that's Chinese 1Z06 but until now I can't have any luck it's always full -_-
Which is ironic cause French was still available before the Chinese and I thought it would be the opposite way around lol

I really want to get into this course and it's considered an elective that's not even in my registered faculty since I'm in social sciences.
I sent an e-mail to the Confucius Institute and I even went to visit them. All I could do now is wait but language courses are always full so I'm worried ^^"
Is there a chance I can get into that course later on? Oh and no I'm not Chinese, I actually have no Asian background at all! Right now I'm stuck with French and I really don't want to learn French it's not my type of language but it's one of the main spoken languages back home -_-
So any suggestions? That'll be greatly appreciated ^-^

Also, don't forget to share if you have any of the course problems maybe somebody can trade with you in this thread ^w^

Best of luck everyone :')
Old 08-09-2012 at 09:45 PM   #2
Khan786

Liked: 1 Time

Hi,

I have a macbook pro and I tried all of the things but I couldn't get in. Can you please tell me step by step so I can get in. I would really appreciate your help. I am trying solar since from 8:30am. Please help me. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-09-2012 at 09:48 PM   #3
Galanthus
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by saba1992 View Post
Hi,

I have a macbook pro and I tried all of the things but I couldn't get in. Can you please tell me step by step so I can get in. I would really appreciate your help. I am trying solar since from 8:30am. Please help me. Thanks in advance.
Sure I'd be glad to ^^
Ok did you check the thread 1st? If so do you have Firefox? For me firefox worked quite fine :')
Old 08-09-2012 at 09:50 PM   #4
Khan786

I do have firefox but don't know how to use it. I am addicted to using Safari but if you can please help me and guide me then I am sure I will be able to do it. InshAllah
Old 08-09-2012 at 09:51 PM   #5
guerilla

Liked: 33 Times

I've been trying to get into this class also, speaking Mandarin is such an asset!
However I've heard from some people who have taken the course that VERY FEW first years end up in the course, so perhaps they only have a few spots reserved for us? In any case, it isn't looking too good >.<
Old 08-09-2012 at 09:53 PM   #6
erocka43

Throughout the rest of summer people will switch around their courses a lot so keep checking! Otherwise all I can advise is to try looking up the prof who teaches the course and email them saying that you're really interested in taking chinese even though its not in your faculty. When a course is full and there's lots of interest, sometimes extra spots are added. Good luck!

Galanthus says thanks to erocka43 for this post.

Galanthus likes this.
Old 08-09-2012 at 09:56 PM   #7
Galanthus
Account Disabled by User

Oh I'm sorry I'm not much of a Safari person but how about we try Firefox 1st if it didn't work I'll check if there's something for Safari I think there was a post for it somewhere.

Ok lets start here are the steps, if you're lost half way through make sure to tell me ^^

1. Go to google and type "iMacros for firefox", or easily just go to think link: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/fir...s-for-firefox/
Add to Firefox okie ^^

2. You'll have a pop out press "install now", it'll then ask you to restart firefox press that button
Alright so far?

Khan786 says thanks to Galanthus for this post.
Old 08-09-2012 at 09:57 PM   #8
-Ish-

Liked: 56 Times

Quote:
I do have firefox but don't know how to use it. I am addicted to using Safari but if you can please help me and guide me then I am sure I will be able to do it. InshAllah
The fastest & easiest way - Go to this thread:
http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...6.html?t=63346

Locate the third post, posted by lobstersongs. Open up Safari. Log into mugsi & open up the first attachment in that post. Let me know what you see.. and we'll take it from there.

Edit: I didn't see the post above me Let her help u out.. if you still can't find a way, check this one out.

Galanthus says thanks to -Ish- for this post.

Galanthus likes this.
Old 08-09-2012 at 10:00 PM   #9
Khan786

Got that done. Thanks
Old 08-09-2012 at 10:01 PM   #10
Khan786

Whats next??????
Old 08-09-2012 at 10:02 PM   #11
Galanthus
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla View Post
I've been trying to get into this class also, speaking Mandarin is such an asset!
However I've heard from some people who have taken the course that VERY FEW first years end up in the course, so perhaps they only have a few spots reserved for us? In any case, it isn't looking too good >.<
I've noticed your thread before! I had hope to get in it today but so far no good -_-
You know what I'm fed up I'll just have to go directly to the prof I'm attending the class as if it's on my schedule. As Erocka said maybe showing great interest would work! Lets combine forces and go I'll personally go. Check the classes schedule here: https://adweb.cis.mcmaster.ca /mtt/

What do you think is it a good plan?
Old 08-09-2012 at 10:06 PM   #12
Galanthus
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Whats next??????
3. next when you're done, you'll find iMacro on your left side of the screen, click on the "Demo -Firefox", then on "Demo-Archieve page"

4. It'll ask if you want to rename it you can skip that part.

5. Now go to Edit beside play and record, press edit macro and copy past this code "VERSION BUILD=7500718 RECORDER=FX
URL GOTO=https://adweb.cis.mcmaster.ca /mugsi/si0
WAIT SECONDS=5" (without the quotations)

6. Go back to play and change the number of max. loops to 100
7. Finally press play loop!

Good so far?
Old 08-09-2012 at 10:08 PM   #13
Galanthus
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ish- View Post
The fastest & easiest way - Go to this thread:
http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...6.html?t=63346

Locate the third post, posted by lobstersongs. Open up Safari. Log into mugsi & open up the first attachment in that post. Let me know what you see.. and we'll take it from there.

Edit: I didn't see the post above me Let her help u out.. if you still can't find a way, check this one out.
Thanks for helping her out, if I fail I'll make sure she gets back to you :')
Old 08-09-2012 at 10:10 PM   #14
Khan786

Where should I paste the version build code.?
Old 08-09-2012 at 10:15 PM   #15
Galanthus
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Where should I paste the version build code.?
Scroll down at your left side where macro is. Do you see "Play', "Rec", "Edit"?
Press Edit and then you'll find other buttons press the "Edit Macro" one. You'll have a pop up screen with a build code in it. Delete it and paste the one that I just gave you ^^