MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chance me for life sci.....I know I know, but just do it:) lifesciman1 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 04-18-2011 09:45 PM
Chance of being reinstated? john113267 Academics 1 03-15-2011 12:07 PM
Still Waiting manu Academics 68 01-08-2010 01:40 AM
Chance of Admission microchip General Discussion 29 05-11-2009 07:11 PM
Still have a chance to be Maroon! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 03-19-2007 09:19 PM

Waiting..... ): any chance?

Old 05-08-2012 at 07:33 PM   #1
Unregistered

Waiting..... ): any chance?
I applied for commerce (degroote) and the requirements are 81-84% I currently have a 83% and am wondering if there is a chance i can still get in and does anyone know when mcmaster stops giving acceptances? Approx last day they hand out acceptances

thank you in advance!
Old 05-08-2012 at 07:40 PM   #2
Awesomeness

Liked: 42 Times

acceptances are given throughout the summer until the first day of school in September. You will most likely be contacted after the May deadline of when High School students are to choose what university they will attend - this will give McMaster a clear indication of how many students will be attending and they will send out more offers at that time.
Old 05-08-2012 at 09:14 PM   #3
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomeness View Post
acceptances are given throughout the summer until the first day of school in September. You will most likely be contacted after the May deadline of when High School students are to choose what university they will attend - this will give McMaster a clear indication of how many students will be attending and they will send out more offers at that time.
I'm pretty sure the date hasn't passed for regular acceptances yet...it's usually near the end of May, and students have to respond 2-3 days later.

To answer the OP's question, no one knows if you'll get in or not. It depends how many people applied and what their averages were. If everyone's marks were low the cutoff could be 80, if they were higher it could be 86, regardless of what the cutoff range they tell you is. The last date for acceptances is the same as all other universities, set by OUAC--you should know/find out when that is because you'll have to accept your offers a couple of days later.

Under certain conditions, people are waitlisted, but that doesn't happen under normal circumstances--it's usually outright acceptance or rejection. Waitlisting is usually for reasons such as missing a deadline but surpassing the cutoff, or other circumstances like that. If you are waitlisted, then you could find out if you're accepted any time up until Sept.
Old 05-09-2012 at 12:48 PM   #4
Vessi
Tiny

Liked: 44 Times

You should ask Mac Admissions through their twitter. I believe it is @macadmit. They're very good with responding to questions.
Old 05-09-2012
bio-1da
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 05-09-2012 at 06:26 PM   #5
The MACster

Liked: 10 Times

obviously if you are above the cutoff, you have a chance.
Old 05-09-2012 at 07:22 PM   #6
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MACster View Post
obviously if you are above the cutoff, you have a chance.
Yes, but the question is, what is the cutoff? No one can say for sure and the ranges that they give don't mean much, it's just an estimate.
Old 05-09-2012 at 07:27 PM   #7
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

Is 81-84% the one written in their guidebook to MAC? Honestly, that is just a rule of thumb. It also depends on how many applicants there are for your year. If there is a high level of competition, then it might be above 84 a bit. Not much? Could be lower. It's just a general idea
Old 05-09-2012 at 07:59 PM   #8
KAB:)

Liked: 11 Times

I have a friend who got an offer from mac for Engineering the day before her University choices were do (May 27th her year), so you do still have time and could still get an acceptance.
Old 05-10-2012 at 07:47 AM   #9
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I applied for commerce (degroote) and the requirements are 81-84% I currently have a 83% and am wondering if there is a chance i can still get in and does anyone know when mcmaster stops giving acceptances? Approx last day they hand out acceptances

thank you in advance!
Yes you do still have a chance like what everyone else said essentially. Just check your inbox 3-5 times a day like I did until you get it! It worked for me, so it should work out for you. =] (not guaranteed)