MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
solar courses full (next chance)? banana93 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 24 06-27-2012 07:00 PM
Waiting..... ): any chance? Unregistered First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 05-10-2012 07:47 AM
Chance of being reinstated? john113267 Academics 1 03-15-2011 12:07 PM
Chance of Admission microchip General Discussion 29 05-11-2009 07:11 PM
Still have a chance to be Maroon! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 03-19-2007 09:19 PM

Is there a way or chance that you can get into a course that's full?

Old 08-09-2012 at 11:32 PM   #31
Galanthus
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 11 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by saba1992 View Post
I am keep trying but it's not coming. I followed every step but it just came for a second and then the message of too many students on solar is coming back again. I think I have to waste my another night on solar.
Oh I see now I get. Unfortunately you'll have to keep trying. Here's what I do I open my google chrome window, in your case it'll be a safari since you're addicted to it lol Minimize it and do whatever you want on it meanwhile you have firefox doing its work while you're working on your other window you still can see firefox in case it finally get you in. Sorry but you're gonna have to be patient, it took me 2 and half laps of 100 loops to get in which is way faster than just what we do normally. But since it's working that's good, thank God I'm so happy for you ^///^

Keep trying and hopefully you'll get in don't you worry ^___________^
Old 08-09-2012 at 11:33 PM   #32
Galanthus
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by saba1992 View Post
Oh my ALLAH, Thank you so much. After Allah, Thank you Salma very much. You gave me the strength to not give up. Thank you for helping me. I really appreciate it. If you ever need my help in future, I will always be there. Thanks once again.
YOU GOT IN?!?!?!?!?!?!
Old 08-09-2012 at 11:41 PM   #33
Afsha-noon

Wait, you've contacted the prof & department, right?
I did this for about 3 courses that were full and they all opened up seats. They're really kind if you have a legitimate reason or such

Galanthus says thanks to Afsha-noon for this post.

Galanthus likes this.
Old 08-09-2012 at 11:44 PM   #34
Galanthus
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afsha-noon View Post
Wait, you've contacted the prof & department, right?
I did this for about 3 courses that were full and they all opened up seats. They're really kind if you have a legitimate reason or such
I contacted the department and they didn't help me much but I didn't contact the profs though. Do you know where can I get their e-mails?
Old 08-10-2012 at 07:40 AM   #35
-Ish-

Liked: 56 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galanthus View Post
I contacted the department and they didn't help me much but I didn't contact the profs though. Do you know where can I get their e-mails?
What departments did you look into? I tried emailing one of my Profs for Chem, but they said they couldn't help me till the 1st week of Sept cuz' they didn't have access now. Keep checking Solar, I'm sure seats will open up.
Old 08-10-2012 at 04:46 PM   #36
Galanthus
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ish- View Post
What departments did you look into? I tried emailing one of my Profs for Chem, but they said they couldn't help me till the 1st week of Sept cuz' they didn't have access now. Keep checking Solar, I'm sure seats will open up.
I only contacted the Confucius Institute, I had a friend who told me that they're responsible for the anything to do with the Chinese language. Now I want to contact a prof i just don't know who lol

Oh yes I will, I'm not giving up yet ^^
Thank you so much :')
Old 08-10-2012 at 06:54 PM  
tungo89
Club G.R.O.S.S.

Liked: 46 Times

Warning: This post has been reported
This post has been flagged as violating the MacInsiders Code Of Conduct, and is being reviewed by one of our staff. It may contain offensive material. Click here to view.

L'Étoile says thanks to tungo89 for this post.

L'Étoile likes this.
Old 08-10-2012 at 07:49 PM   #37
Galanthus
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tungo89 View Post
Galanthus... your patience astounds me.
Ummm...thank you hehehe ^///^
Well it's just I don't have any other choice, I try to consider it as a challenge lol
Old 08-11-2012 at 02:35 PM  
tungo89
Club G.R.O.S.S.

Warning: This post has been reported
This post has been flagged as violating the MacInsiders Code Of Conduct, and is being reviewed by one of our staff. It may contain offensive material. Click here to view.

Old 08-11-2012 at 03:46 PM   #38
Galanthus
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tungo89 View Post
Was definitely not referring to your own attempts to deal with your courses...
Oh I see your intentions now.
Well if I were to help someone I better help them to the fullest. If you can't do that then you better learn how to or decline the offer. People gotta learn how to appreciate people's happiness, how to give and how to receive.
I try not to loose my patience when I have good intentions but you know when do I start to loose my patience? When I meet a bunch of disrespectful people so how about we be clear here!
Cause I don't like discussions that are underneath the table. And I'm certainly fed up with reading a bunch of threads that are harsh and harassing towards newbies like us. If you're not gonna say something useful then keep it to yourself. And if you want to advice someone there are better and nicer ways to do so.

Oh and L'Etoile did I forget to mention, I've read a couple of threads in which students speak their own language with each other why don't you go bash them off too. And since both of you have been here for a while I thought you would've known and respected the conduct section I guess not! So how about you give it another look, oh wait I'm gonna even make it easier for you here's the link: http://www.macinsiders.com/forums.php?page=condu ct

I'm no psychologist, but I've bumped a lot into people like you and your friend here and I'll be honest with you, it makes me sad really sad that you forget the point of the thread and have the joy to pick on someone, and even using another person to do so. But if you guys think that you can get out your anger on somebody else or you feel inferior or protected doing so then you are doing nothing but running away, and that makes me feel nothing but pity towards people like you.

Chad, cloverbear, Khan786 like this.
Old 08-11-2012 at 04:05 PM   #39
tungo89
Club G.R.O.S.S.

I'm not sure how what I said can be construed as insulting, or as picking on someone. I was remarking on your patience with helping someone - especially when there was already a different thread going over the same content.

I will direct you to item #11 on the code of conduct you so kindly posted regarding duplicate threads.

I'm also sure that many people here would take offense to you categorizing the community of Macinsiders as mean/unhelpful to first years. By and large, I see most people bending over backward to help people and answer questions.

Welcome to McMaster.
Old 08-11-2012 at 04:20 PM   #40
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

Please stay on topic and do not bring religion into this -_-

tungo89 likes this.