MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Things need to bring to REZ JeetDevDesai Residence & Housing 32 06-24-2010 11:20 AM
Annoying site error... Ownaginatios Computers & Tech 15 05-05-2010 11:48 AM
8 Things You Should Know About Your Bookstore! kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 0 08-29-2008 10:32 PM
A few new things to note Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 09-30-2006 01:03 AM

Things that are annoying

Old 11-04-2010 at 08:44 PM   #481
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Liked: 202 Times

Girls who flirt like there's no tomorrow just for the sake of driving you nuts while you're trying to concentrate on the lecture.

And my lazy-ass bio TA.

And my other bio TA, who loves Linux more than /b/. And spends more time flirting with these 2 chicks rather than teaching.

Last edited by SilentWalker : 11-04-2010 at 09:01 PM.
Old 11-04-2010 at 09:00 PM   #482
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replekia View Post
I find it annoying when fat people with backpacks hold the door open for you and you stand there awkwardly because there's no nice way to tell them that they are completely obstructing the doorway.

...how do you...do you just stand there? Wait for them to realize it? Or try to sadly squeeze through?
Old 11-04-2010 at 09:02 PM   #483
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AelyaS View Post
...how do you...do you just stand there? Wait for them to realize it? Or try to sadly squeeze through?
Normally they just give up and start walking.. But I got smart today and said "No please, after you~" and faked politeness.

SilentWalker likes this.
Old 11-04-2010 at 09:12 PM   #484
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeM View Post
Could be the joke was that bad. The only time I ever use it is when a attempted joke fails miserably.

I can't even remember the joke, but it was one that got laughs out of everyone I've ever told it to. I mean, she was laughing, but she was...saying ell oh ell.

It was just weird.
Old 11-04-2010 at 09:16 PM   #485
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Whooaaa!! People actually *say* lol? I mean...I can understand sitting at your computer and saying it...but to other homo sapiens?? Wow...where the hell have I been?
Old 11-05-2010 at 02:26 PM   #486
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

When people watch my laptop screen in class... >_>; They make it SO obvious too.
Old 11-05-2010 at 09:28 PM   #487
bcars
Elite Member

Liked: 286 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by REPLEKIA/. View Post
I find it annoying when fat people with backpacks hold the door open for you and you stand there awkwardly because there's no nice way to tell them that they are completely obstructing the doorway.
YES!!! Hahaha.
Old 11-06-2010 at 12:07 AM   #488
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

It's annoying how small the lecture hall desks (especially BSB147) feel during a midterm in comparison to the same desk during a class. Plus, there's multiple sheets you have to refer to at once (i.e. the question sheet and the scantron) so I had to write my damn Psych midterm with my question sheet on my lap, and my scantron on my desk. The question sheet alone barely fits on the desk.

It's annoying being left-handed in a predominantly right-handed lecture hall. CNH 104, the other day, had one left-handed spot remaining the other day, and the f****** desk was torn off.
Old 11-06-2010 at 08:59 AM   #489
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Picture relevant:

So, what's the problem? o_o I clearly must not understand the mechanics of holding a door open for somebody.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 11-06-2010 at 11:14 AM   #490
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

@lawly

Because, normally they're also going through the door. So they're in the doorway holding it open for you to pass (from the the push side; not so much the pull side), but they're in the middle of the way.
Old 11-06-2010 at 11:44 AM   #491
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Picture relevant:

So, what's the problem? o_o I clearly must not understand the mechanics of holding a door open for somebody.
Usually the door opens so there is a wall behind the open door. In other words the fat person is holding the door from the otherside, completely obstructing the doorway by standing in it.

It's also sad how that stick person is a fairly accurate representation of me.
Old 11-06-2010 at 11:58 AM   #492
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

There should be exceptions for this thread, considering the number of replies we get. I hate waiting 4 weeks for it to progress another page.
Old 11-06-2010 at 12:18 PM   #493
bcars
Elite Member

Liked: 286 Times

Quote:
It's also sad how that stick person is a fairly accurate representation of me.
He kinda looks like a Bellsprout more than anything.

AelyaS, ~*Sara*~ like this.
Old 11-06-2010 at 12:53 PM   #494
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsftw View Post
It's annoying how small the lecture hall desks (especially BSB147) feel during a midterm in comparison to the same desk during a class. Plus, there's multiple sheets you have to refer to at once (i.e. the question sheet and the scantron) so I had to write my damn Psych midterm with my question sheet on my lap, and my scantron on my desk. The question sheet alone barely fits on the desk.

It's annoying being left-handed in a predominantly right-handed lecture hall. CNH 104, the other day, had one left-handed spot remaining the other day, and the f****** desk was torn off.
Yes, but since during a midterm there is no one on either side of you, you can use your little fold-out table thing, as well as the one on your left
Old 11-06-2010 at 01:12 PM   #495
eric_3490

Liked: 7 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
Yes, but since during a midterm there is no one on either side of you, you can use your little fold-out table thing, as well as the one on your left
Last time I did that the invigilator came over and told my I'm only allowed to use one fold out thing, I was just like wtf....