MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Things need to bring to REZ JeetDevDesai Residence & Housing 32 06-24-2010 11:20 AM
Annoying site error... Ownaginatios Computers & Tech 15 05-05-2010 11:48 AM
8 Things You Should Know About Your Bookstore! kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 0 08-29-2008 10:32 PM
A few new things to note Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 09-30-2006 01:03 AM

Things that are annoying

Old 11-15-2010 at 03:36 PM   #541
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylojl View Post
People who giggle and chat when the rest of us are trying to listen to what the prof is saying! I'm in geog 1ha3 and geog 2RC3...the talking level in these classes is rediculous! Why do people even go to class if they are going to talk all the way through?!?!!? BLAH!! I pay money for these lectures and they are robbing of information. I feel like I should just turn around and say: "you owe me 50 bucks".
Do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWalker View Post
People in this lecture can't shut the **** up. Oh, and guess what, it's chem! I don't know what it is with chem that people find so interesting to talk about. After all, we have what's probably the most boring prof ever.
Who's your professor?
Old 11-17-2010 at 10:02 AM   #542
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Cars splashing you with dirty rain water that has collected at the sides of Hamilton's uneven roads.
Old 11-17-2010 at 10:55 PM   #543
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by REPLEKIA/. View Post
i have the same experience with this group of three people who never shut up in my chem class. Today while I'm trying to pay attention they managed to have all the following conversations:
-why they like their favourite kind of omelets
-something about gossip girl
-how two of them envied the other girl's shoes
-which celebrity they think is hot.
-and to finish off they started complaining how this is the only class where people talk over the professor and how they think it's ridiculous. This pissed me off and was when I finally snapped and turned around and yelled 'THEN SHUT UP! I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR OMELETS, SHOES OR TURN ONS. I'M HERE FOR CHEM, SO PLEASE SHUT UP!" The guy sitting beside me applauded. They were quiet for the rest of class and I imagine they'll find a new spot to frequent.
Thank you for doing that! Seriously, most people don't actually get it until something like this happens! I did the same thing in math class last year . Our prof was just too nice to do anything about it, and he said thank you after everyone was quiet haha. Makes you wonder why he couldn't do it himself. Oh well. I'm surprised though that a chem prof would out up with that! Who's your prof?
Old 11-18-2010 at 03:02 PM   #544
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Thank you for doing that! Seriously, most people don't actually get it until something like this happens! I did the same thing in math class last year . Our prof was just too nice to do anything about it, and he said thank you after everyone was quiet haha. Makes you wonder why he couldn't do it himself. Oh well. I'm surprised though that a chem prof would out up with that! Who's your prof?
Is it bad that I don't know her name? The class gets really really bad at times and then she'll start shushing everyone and looking kinda mean, but she never does anything til it gets really bad, so the people who are just talking all the freaking time get away with it until the others join in, usually after an iClicker question.
Old 11-18-2010 at 07:15 PM   #545
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Liked: 202 Times

Dear guy with arm-rest embedded in ass,

Sit down.

I would expect that, after your multiple failed attempts to swallow your girlfriends tongue, you would realize that it's not possible. Why are you so stupid? Linguistics is no class for foreplay, it is a class for sleeping (if nothing else). And your abnormally sized head (no not that one) is blocking the lecture slides from my view. Please fcuking stop.

Dear guy with portable CD player,

I would appreciate it if you'd stop flailing your hands in front of me. You're not a rapper, you're Indian. Oh and stop singing. You suck.

PS: MP3 players are dirt cheap these days. Get one.

ikantsepll, resh.jyoti like this.
Old 11-19-2010 at 12:45 PM   #546
sjager

Liked: 59 Times

When people complain about how many students use the bus. We're paying customers. So are you. Each of us paid a considerable amount of money to use the service, you most likely paid $2.55 for a one-time use. Did you expect a limo ride? Sorry, you ass.

This is what I overheard two days ago: "Once we get off this campus, it goes 'ding, ding, ding, ding, ding' all the way down Emerson and Whitney. By the time the bus came to campus, I bet they could've walked home by then." says the man who carries no textbooks, probably barely graduated high school (or not at all), and can't afford to buy his own car or take a cab. We don't want to walk because we're tired and we spent all day learning. What did you do?

...Too mean?

Equinox likes this.
Old 11-20-2010 at 07:33 PM   #547
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

this thread is broken isnt it
Old 11-20-2010 at 08:41 PM   #548
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by REPLEKIA/. View Post
Is it bad that I don't know her name? The class gets really really bad at times and then she'll start shushing everyone and looking kinda mean, but she never does anything til it gets really bad, so the people who are just talking all the freaking time get away with it until the others join in, usually after an iClicker question.
One of my profs has to continually tell people to stop talking. This is university, they should know that. She shouldn't HAVE to do that! No one needs to hear what you're talking about. Apparently, the prof told us last year there were these people continually talking, so she got the class to vote on whether to let them keep taking the class, or kick them out. They voted to kick them out.
Old 11-27-2010 at 11:26 AM   #549
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

I know other posters have mentioned people putting their bags on seats in GO buses before, but it's twice as aggravating on FRIDAY buses when half of McMaster is going home on the 47/ 47E. These people look annoyed when you ask them to move their stuff. Seriously? I paid for this ****ing service too.

Oh, and people who pretend to be asleep on the morning bus so you don't disturb them and they get the seat next to them for their stuff. Lawl, this one guy got so frustrated that he poked the girl pretending to be asleep and asked her to "wake up and move your stuff please"
Old 11-28-2010 at 08:57 AM   #550
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

I still can't see past page 36 of this thread. Gah.
Old 11-29-2010 at 11:36 PM   #551
Commander
P.I.M.P

Liked: 63 Times

Deleted by mods.

Reason = Racism and Sex.
Old 11-29-2010 at 11:52 PM   #552
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 258 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AelyaS View Post
I know other posters have mentioned people putting their bags on seats in GO buses before, but it's twice as aggravating on FRIDAY buses when half of McMaster is going home on the 47/ 47E. These people look annoyed when you ask them to move their stuff. Seriously? I paid for this ****ing service too.

Oh, and people who pretend to be asleep on the morning bus so you don't disturb them and they get the seat next to them for their stuff. Lawl, this one guy got so frustrated that he poked the girl pretending to be asleep and asked her to "wake up and move your stuff please"
They just got annoyed because YOU asked them, would they get annoyed if a hot chick did? Probably not.

AelyaS likes this.
Old 11-30-2010 at 02:22 AM   #553
TheBrickWall
Elite Member

Liked: 46 Times

wow this thread has been going on for like two months
Old 11-30-2010 at 04:33 AM   #554
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by david.p92 View Post
wow this thread has been going on for like two months
Sorry, I love to complain about trivial things in my life.
Old 11-30-2010 at 02:36 PM   #555
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

When I go into a building or get on the bus my glasses fog up.