MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Taking second year courses in third/fourth year b.m. Academics 1 07-27-2010 10:37 PM
2nd Year in 3rd Year Courses. Bad idea? abbyabs Academics 16 07-09-2010 10:50 PM
First year taking 2nd year courses Z3phyr First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 01-05-2010 12:51 PM
2nd Year Geo Courses spyder83 Academics 2 12-24-2008 10:55 AM

What Third Year courses to take

Old 07-13-2010 at 04:45 PM   #1
jordan19

Liked: 19 Times

What Third Year courses to take
Hi guys,
I am a third year at Mac, and well, to apply to a couple of professional schools, I need a 60% course load which corresponds to my year (so I'll need 6x3rd year courses).

The problem is that I planned to take a bunch of health science courses, namely immunology (3I03), virology (3K03), and therapeutic drugs in the market place (3P06), however, I did not get any of these courses, and well, I don't know what other courses to take.

Can anyone offer any suggestions of 3rd year courses which are fairly interesting and not too hard? Or should I continue to pursue the HTH sci courses, which are mentioned above.

Right now I have in mind MOL BIOL 3HH3, and BIOCHEM 4E03.

Any suggestions welcomed.
Old 07-13-2010 at 04:51 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan19 View Post
Hi guys,
I am a third year at Mac, and well, to apply to a couple of professional schools, I need a 60% course load which corresponds to my year (so I'll need 6x3rd year courses).

The problem is that I planned to take a bunch of health science courses, namely immunology (3I03), virology (3K03), and therapeutic drugs in the market place (3P06), however, I did not get any of these courses, and well, I don't know what other courses to take.

Can anyone offer any suggestions of 3rd year courses which are fairly interesting and not too hard? Or should I continue to pursue the HTH sci courses, which are mentioned above.

Right now I have in mind MOL BIOL 3HH3, and BIOCHEM 4E03.

Any suggestions welcomed.
First of all, what interests you and what are your strengths and weaknesses? We would have to know that in order to suggest courses that would interest you and that theoretically wouldn't be too hard for you.
Old 07-13-2010 at 06:15 PM   #3
jordan19

Liked: 19 Times

I'm a pretty well rounded student. That being said, I prefer courses that have just the right balance of memorization and understanding - courses like CHEM 1A03, CHEM 1AA3. I also like courses that look at science from a health orientated perspective, and have an inquiry based approached.

I prefer not to take any courses which have labs, not because I am not comfortable in a lab setting - just because last year, for biochem, there was a lot of lab work, and I rather try to get away from that.

I'm not too bad of a writer, and wouldn't mind taking an essay course, as long as it's not terribly hard.

Does that help?