MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can 2nd year students select 1st year electives? Daman K Academics 8 09-08-2010 08:03 PM
McMaster First Year Nursing!!! Message me if your in the first year program as well crumble Introduce Yourself 0 08-12-2010 09:40 PM
Taking second year courses in third/fourth year b.m. Academics 1 07-27-2010 10:37 PM
Is it possible to go into life science for 1 year then transfer into nursing 2nd year memyselfandi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 05-21-2010 08:47 PM

For those going into First-Year Eng...

Old 07-30-2009 at 12:26 PM   #1
jp1390

Liked: 26 Times

For those going into First-Year Eng...
or I guess any other program that takes similar courses.

During my first-year I looked around for any help I could get for those math and physics tests and I came across a large collection of videos to do so. The explanations and examples are clear and easy to understand and helped a lot for those times when reading the textbook just didn't cut it. That being said, we do have a great extra help at Mac so don't disregard that lol but these just became convenient. Anyway I'll stop blabbering on about all that stuff, here's the site I made:

http://www.maceng1helpvideos .tk/

Hope you're all enjoying summer!

dmzz, kanishka, starlight, wendy0519 all say thanks to jp1390 for this post.

Old 07-30-2009 at 01:12 PM   #2
dmzz
Polymath extraordinaire.

Liked: 51 Times

Wow, excellent! Thanks!

Old 07-30-2009 at 01:29 PM   #3
dmzz
Polymath extraordinaire.

Liked: 51 Times

Yeah, double post. FYI kiddies, I was going through his site, and this is magnificent. Extremely well put together nevermind the quality of the content (which he may not have had that much input to lol). All in all, I would put in a second thank button for this situation.

It's time to get on this.

Old 07-30-2009 at 03:41 PM   #4
kanishka
winning

Liked: 39 Times

thanks a ton!! this is going to be really really helpful...
Old 07-31-2009 at 08:14 PM   #5
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Useful.

All you first year eng. student - BOOKMARK justmathtutoring.com!

its a HUGE life saver. trust me.
Old 07-31-2009 at 08:51 PM   #6
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Liked: 103 Times

Awesome stuff! I remember using a few of those vids for Math 1Z04 last year. Very helpful!
Old 08-01-2009 at 08:35 PM   #7
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Liked: 103 Times

BTW maybe you should put that physics game that was posted on WebCT with Dr. McKay on your site too. With permission of the creator though of course. I found that quite helpful before the exam and I bet they just reuse the same lecture slides anyways haha.

Last edited by Colin : 08-01-2009 at 08:38 PM.
Old 08-07-2009 at 10:19 AM   #8
myInteger

Liked: 1 Time

If anyone wants to buy old textbooks let me know. I've got ALL engineering textbooks for sale.
(and a lab coat that I never opened and goggles, which I wore unfortunately)
Old 08-07-2009 at 01:33 PM   #9
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Yea, good thing I didnt end up buying the lab coat.. pretty useless imo
Old 08-07-2009 at 03:21 PM   #10
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,656 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
BTW maybe you should put that physics game that was posted on WebCT with Dr. McKay on your site too. With permission of the creator though of course. I found that quite helpful before the exam and I bet they just reuse the same lecture slides anyways haha.
I had the urge to remake it the entire time I was playing because it looked so crappy :p. That was really nice of the guy who made it though; I'm sure there were a lot of people that borderline passed because of it.
Old 08-07-2009 at 03:57 PM   #11
BlakeM
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Took me a damn long time to figure out how to jump in that game haha. Anyhoozle, I don't think the profs would be happy with everyone choosing the right answer just because they have the answers, rather than actually understanding the material. Could be counter productive, though its a good study tool later on.