Anthro 3HI3 Richa Academics 8 09-13-2010 08:40 AM
Anthro 3HI3 aa84 Academics 0 04-02-2010 07:36 PM
Anthro 3HI3/Earth Sci 3DD3 canuster Academics 3 12-30-2009 11:12 AM

Thoughts on ANTHRO 3HI3

Old 12-20-2013 at 02:43 PM   #1
beebee2

Liked: 4 Times

Thoughts on ANTHRO 3HI3
Has anyone taken ANTHRO Health, Illness and Healing recently? It seems very interesting but from other threads it seemed like the course had a few issues (ie. TA grading and vague expectations from the prof).

Not sure if I should take it so if anyone can give their opinion (overall quality, subjective essay grading, likelihood at obtaining 10+ etc) , it'll be appreciated!

Last edited by beebee2 : 12-20-2013 at 04:43 PM.
Old 12-20-2013 at 04:20 PM   #2
jaywa
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 9 Times

Do you mean 3H03? 3HI3 isn't offered next term.

3H03 demography: great prof although lectures can be a bit dry but you'll learn a lot from her, the expectations can be a bit vague but she's very approachable so just ask questions if you have any, she's very helpful (talking about Herring). grading is good, it's fairly easy to get a 10, possible to get a 12. Overall quality of the course is great, it's a unique course that you can apply concepts to other courses and disciplines. And there are some interesting projects, one is a group project and one is a poster symposium.

3HI3 health/illness/healing: there was a new prof teaching it for the first time this year (Goldfarb). Overall experience with the course was great, very interesting material, prof is a good lecturer. There is a fair bit of reading but if you do the readings the assignments are very straightforward and graded leniently, definitely possible to get an A.

I'm not sure which course you meant... if you have any more questions about something specific just clarify which course.
Old 12-20-2013 at 04:47 PM   #3
beebee2

Liked: 4 Times

Thanks for the great responses for both courses!

I meant Health, Illness and Healing, which I'm planning on taking next year
Old 12-21-2013
genermcmillan
This message has been removed by a moderator. .