MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Petition for Special Consideration BrownTown993 Academics 7 05-23-2012 01:03 PM
Petition to fix SOLAR alexryu9 Academics 24 08-15-2011 10:49 PM
anyone have done petition form in APO? rmfldkdtm Academics 0 06-21-2011 12:52 PM

Thoughts about Engineers discrimination petition

Old 03-03-2014 at 11:00 PM   #16
HILLyBilly
Account Locked

Liked: 13 Times

The petition came to light for me when Rahul Devnani started to advertise it. Listed under his LinkedIN account is his association with MES, thus the original assumption that this was supported by the MES.

Seems to me the University is handling this case perfectly. They are recruiting a neutral investigation team to review it. While that is going on, the University is trying its best at protecting the students. I'm perfectly fine with that.

University is still allowing activities to take place, including Welcome Week. They are even trying to recruit people for it. They are just not allowing people under investigation to participate which I am also fine with. Until the guilt is determine, we should make sure students are not put in further risk.

Everyone is ok with police officers being suspended while under investigation, but just because of this, they are blowing their mind.

Commie42 likes this.
Old 03-04-2014 at 12:58 AM   #17
topkek

Liked: 23 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by HILLyBilly View Post
Everyone is ok with police officers being suspended while under investigation, but just because of this, they are blowing their mind.
More like suspending the whole police force when one police officer is under investigation. Not to say that cop has retired last year and have nothing to do with the current police force.

Amaryll, qwerty91, starfish like this.
Old 03-04-2014 at 08:06 AM   #18
mike_302
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

You also need sufficient reason to suspend a police officer --- not simply because you're out of the loop on what's going on in your police force and don't want to talk to anyone on it/in charge of it...

I'm not overly interested in stretching this analogy out... I am still just upset that the administration was out of contact with student leadership, and chose the path it did.
Old 03-11-2014 at 03:44 AM   #19
rdevnani93

Liked: 1 Time

Hi Billly,

Every full-time undergraduate student registered in the Faculty Of Engineering (Engineering, Btech and Comp Sci - in total over 4000 students) is an MES Member, so any member saying anything cannot just be directly linked it being MES endorsed.

Yes, I do have a council position, but non of my statements was done being in position of any MES Council member. It was done through my personal Facebook account.

The petition was and never was supported or published by the MES, however, MES being a governing body of its student members, the MES wholly support its students rights to voice their opinions and stand by their beliefs.

Thank you. - Rahul Devnani

Last edited by rdevnani93 : 03-11-2014 at 03:42 PM.

JayJackson69 likes this.
Old 03-11-2014 at 03:43 PM   #20
rdevnani93

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by HILLyBilly View Post
The petition came to light for me when Rahul Devnani started to advertise it. Listed under his LinkedIN account is his association with MES, thus the original assumption that this was supported by the MES.

Seems to me the University is handling this case perfectly. They are recruiting a neutral investigation team to review it. While that is going on, the University is trying its best at protecting the students. I'm perfectly fine with that.

University is still allowing activities to take place, including Welcome Week. They are even trying to recruit people for it. They are just not allowing people under investigation to participate which I am also fine with. Until the guilt is determine, we should make sure students are not put in further risk.

Hi Billly,

Every full-time undergraduate student registered in the Faculty Of Engineering (Engineering, Btech and Comp Sci - in total over 4000 students) is an MES Member, so any member saying anything cannot just be directly linked it being MES endorsed.

Yes, I do have a council position, but non of my statements was done being in position of any MES Council member. It was done through my personal Facebook account.

The petition was and never was supported or published by the MES, however, MES being a governing body of its student members, the MES wholly support its students rights to voice their opinions and stand by their beliefs.

Thank you. - Rahul Devnani