MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2010 World Cup thread! Rakim Athletics & Recreation 234 07-12-2010 09:39 AM
Official 2010 Timetable Checking Thread Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 07-09-2010 09:38 AM
2010/11 course timetable dede90 Academics 9 06-09-2010 07:40 PM
McMaster University Offers of Admission 2010 Thread Rubicon First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 28 04-18-2010 09:28 AM

Timetable Checking & Help Thread 2010

Old 08-10-2010 at 09:21 PM   #136
bsteele

Liked: 4 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
The TAs will most likely end tutorial 5-10 minutes earlier. They know you have to get to class. The teacher might also start teaching a couple minutes later. The professors aren't evil.
Okay haha, good to know. Thanks for your help!
Old 08-10-2010 at 09:22 PM   #137
rishibodalia

Liked: 0 Times

Hey guys why are there blank green squares on my schedule. I have blank white squares, blank green squares and filled green squares with my schedule!
Old 08-10-2010 at 09:27 PM   #138
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

I ACTUALLY NEED YOUR HELP!!!!

Okay so from the graphic you can see I'm one of the few who are suck with an empty timetable due to a glitch.

I have uploaded my mock timetable I made in June. PLEASE YOUR FEEDBACK WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

My mock timetable can been seen as an excel document or the two colourful uploads
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Timetable Mock version 1.jpg (46.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Student Personal Timetable upload.jpg (18.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Timetable Mock version 1b.jpg (42.2 KB, 3 views)
Attached Files
File Type: xls Timetable with religion.xls (19.0 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by MacPack : 08-10-2010 at 09:33 PM.
Old 08-10-2010 at 09:28 PM   #139
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishibodalia View Post
Hey guys why are there blank green squares on my schedule. I have blank white squares, blank green squares and filled green squares with my schedule!
Most likely it's a glitch due to using an unsupported browser. The only supported browser McMaster has is IE.
Old 08-11-2010 at 02:32 AM   #140
SmSm

Hey,
I am a transfer student from another university. I got into second year engineering program (Electrical Engineering). I registered in all the courses that I found on the program course plan. Now how can I get my schedule and know which classes and tutorials I am in?

I am totally confused and I don't know what to do
Old 08-11-2010 at 03:22 AM   #141
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmSm View Post
Hey,
I am a transfer student from another university. I got into second year engineering program (Electrical Engineering). I registered in all the courses that I found on the program course plan. Now how can I get my schedule and know which classes and tutorials I am in?

I am totally confused and I don't know what to do
Go to MUGSI, and click on "Undergraduate Personal Timetables" in the left hand column.
Old 08-11-2010 at 03:24 AM   #142
akikokoyoki
The Welcome Wagon
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 101 Times

It is found online. Go to http://mugsi.mcmaster.ca and click on "Undergraduate Personal Timetable"
Log in with your macid and you will be able to view your timetable and which room your classes are.
Old 08-11-2010 at 07:17 AM   #143
Patrick.O

Liked: 28 Times

So I just finished my mock timetable, and I was wondering if anyone would have a chance to look at it! It's for first year Computer Science Co-Op!

Thanks in advance!
Attached Files
File Type: doc Timetable Clean Updated (SOLAR V1).doc (264.5 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Patrick.O : 08-11-2010 at 01:39 PM.
Old 08-11-2010 at 08:30 AM   #144
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Erm...

I thought reserved seats were opening up today? I find it hard to believe that everything is still full. ._. I skipped work for this...

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 08-11-2010 at 12:13 PM   #145
Theashe

Liked: 29 Times

Could anyone critique the timetables that I was assigned? Kind of heavy workloads until Friday, but I got really good profs all around from what I've read on Ratemyprofessor.
Attached Files
File Type: xls Assigned Semester 1 Timetable.xls (25.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: xls Assigned Semester 2 Timetable.xls (26.0 KB, 2 views)
Old 08-11-2010
Theashe
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 08-11-2010 at 01:32 PM   #146
SmSm

Thank you for your quick response and help

I attached my timetable. I don't know what is going on. I found a lot of abbreviations that I don't understand.

what do you think about my schedule and do I need to change anything?

Thank you
Attached Files
File Type: doc Doc1.doc (91.0 KB, 5 views)
Old 08-11-2010
SmSm
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 08-11-2010 at 03:48 PM   #147
resh.jyoti

Quote:
Originally Posted by akikokoyoki View Post
Here is my timetable. Any feedback would be appreciated, especially on the conflicts I have in there. Thank you.

Attachment 2556
Timetable 2010-2011
Hi Ghia!

Conflicts
You kind of have a LOT of conflicts. I'm guessing you're in linguistics or humanities of some sort? For the conflicts with tutorials, try changing them to anything that works for now. Also try changing the cores around. If you realize that the ones you need to switch to avoid conflicts are full, and they are REQUIRED, contact the department that offers that course (you can use the official McMaster website, pull up a staff list in the faculty and there should be an advisor or course managment person there) and they can probably open a spot for you. Unfortunately, if they are electives, they probably won't help you - you'll just have to keep monitoring SOLAR.

Class Slots
It's better to have 3 hour blocks of class with a break, for food/relaxing. Any more, and most people start to lose their attention-span and get hungry/distracted. One-hour breaks are often annoying, you can't go back to rez or home, and you barely get enough work done. For me, personally, I prefer my schedule to be like a high-school one, and when it's done, it's DONE, and I go back home. You might prefer a 3-hour break in between or something, to get some work done.

I would break up your Term II Tuesday. That's a bit much for one day, with four hours of class in a row, and 2 hours before that. I suggest moving your French 1A06 tutorial so you have tuesday off in term I and then moving your Geo lab to thursday, where you have nothing but a french core class, or in your giant break on wednesday. It'll just break it up a little.\

Hope that helps!
Old 08-11-2010 at 04:02 PM   #148
resh.jyoti

Quote:
Originally Posted by akikokoyoki View Post
Here is my timetable. Any feedback would be appreciated, especially on the conflicts I have in there. Thank you.

Attachment 2556
Timetable 2010-2011
Hi Ghia!

1) You have a lot of conflicts! Try changing the tutorials around so that nothing conflicts, for now. If that doesnt fix it, and your cores still conflict, and you cant change those, and it's REQUIRED, contact the department that offers that course (thru mac's website, you should find a staff list with someone marked 'advisor' on it) and they will help you. Unfortuately, if it is an elective, they probably will not help, but you can try.

2) Your gaps between classes is pretty ok. A LOT of 1hour breaks is annoying - you cant go back to home/rez and you cant get enough work done. One or two is alright between long hours of classes for just a break. I prefer more of a high-school, blocked schedule but you might like log breaks in between.

3) I would definately change your term 2 tuesdays. You will def be wiped out by the end - I call days like these Knockout Days - just getting up and knowing it's that day makes you wanna go back to bed. Change your french tutorial, if possible, to another day so you have term 1 tuesday off, and then change that geo lab to another day, preferrably to that giant break on wednesday you have or something on thursday. Believe me, if youre commuting and you only have one class on that day, you might not go if the commute is long

Hope that helps!