MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
When is the timetable for courses registered for Fall-Winter released? rahulsbhagat Academics 2 07-03-2011 08:45 PM
Master Timetable - Released! blackdragon MacInsiders Announcements 37 06-16-2010 03:51 PM
When will the 10-11 timetable be released? Kathy2 Academics 11 05-26-2010 09:28 PM
Final Exam Timetable December 2009 Released! Serps MacInsiders Announcements 20 11-07-2009 02:47 PM

Timetable not released?

Old 08-07-2012 at 11:24 AM   #46
Alexmahone
Elite Member

Liked: 64 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by VastHorizon View Post
Ouch. Having no timetable is better than having this:
Agreed; looks really hectic, especially on Wednesday.
Old 08-07-2012 at 12:28 PM   #47
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Liked: 103 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by VastHorizon View Post
Ouch. Having no timetable is better than having this:
GOOD LUCK SIR! If you can handle that I bet you can handle anything.
Old 08-07-2012 at 12:31 PM   #48
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexmahone View Post
But how many of those girls are math and stat majors? And what kind of work did you do as part of your co-op program?
Actually I feel like there are more pure math majors that are girls than stats majors that are girls.
I still thought it was a fair amount. In math 1X and 1XX which is supposed to be only math majors, half the whole lecture hall was girls. Though last year in math 3A it was a much smaller group, maybe only a third girls.

And im currently in my co-op at Hydro One... like currently, Im at my desk right now. Doing... uhhh I dunno... web browsing? aha
Old 08-07-2012 at 12:32 PM   #49
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
Well, textbooks have solved examples, don't they?
You're assuming you can follow the solved example from start to finish without questioning why they did this or that or some concepts just don't make sense to you..so you need more examples.
Old 08-07-2012 at 12:38 PM   #50
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Seems like a total waste of time; the best (only) way to learn math is to solve problems yourself.
Wait, why do you have so much advice/opinions when you're only going into first year?

Old 08-07-2012 at 06:22 PM   #51
Alexmahone
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
Wait, why do you have so much advice/opinions when you're only going into first year?
Although I'm only going into first year, I know a decent amount of math. You see, I took a couple of gap years during which I taught myself half the undergraduate syllabus in mathematics.
Old 08-07-2012 at 06:23 PM   #52
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Although I'm only going into first year, I know a decent amount of math. You see, I took a couple of gap years during which I taught myself half of the undergraduate syllabus in mathematics.
Ah, well, fair enough I suppose. So are you planning on basically owning everyone in your first couple years of school?
Old 08-07-2012 at 06:26 PM   #53
Alexmahone
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
Ah, well, fair enough I suppose. So are you planning on basically owning everyone in your first couple years of school?
Only in math.
Old 08-07-2012 at 07:12 PM   #54
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

See... first year calc felt like high school calc to me, plus maybe a few extra units of material. I guess if you taught yourself first year algebra that would be good
Old 08-07-2012 at 07:55 PM   #55
Alexmahone
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanieee View Post
See... first year calc felt like high school calc to me, plus maybe a few extra units of material. I guess if you taught yourself first year algebra that would be good
Yeah, I did study some linear and abstract algebra.
Old 08-08-2012 at 08:48 AM   #56
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

RE: My Fridays off 1st term.

A stats class that I want to take, which is only available as a night class (wtf right?) has all of a sudden, out of no where, decided to add a tutorial component on Fridays. All that hard work of avoiding Friday classes, for nothing. Itll be just my luck that attendence is mandatory too... ARGH
Old 08-08-2012 at 09:28 AM   #57
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanieee View Post
RE: My Fridays off 1st term.

A stats class that I want to take, which is only available as a night class (wtf right?) has all of a sudden, out of no where, decided to add a tutorial component on Fridays. All that hard work of avoiding Friday classes, for nothing. Itll be just my luck that attendence is mandatory too... ARGH
Best thing is when someone complains about how rough their schedule is, and they have two full days off. I wish i had one day off in my four years, but nope!
Old 08-08-2012 at 09:32 AM   #58
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris23 View Post
Best thing is when someone complains about how rough their schedule is, and they have two full days off. I wish i had one day off in my four years, but nope!
My friend whose in nursing says that this year she is going to have 2 days of classes only, and one of those is her clinical day where she goes to a hospital! The other is the academic day. And she was complaining about how she couldnt decide is she should move her academic day to this day or that day. blah blah.
Old 09-01-2012 at 08:41 PM   #59
Mahratta
Elite Member

Liked: 366 Times

Quote:
I only do proofs or problems that have answers. I think it's pretty pointless to do a problem and not know if you've done it correctly.
Well, if you have a proof, then you know you've done it correctly.

Old 09-01-2012 at 08:43 PM   #60
Alexmahone
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahratta View Post
Well, if you have a proof, then you know you've done it correctly.
That was my point.