MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HELP!! someone please review my timetable tiffanytian First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-19-2010 02:36 PM
Review my timetable please? :) Need some help... Strategy First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-18-2010 06:38 PM
Timetable Review LazyNinja First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 08-14-2010 08:02 AM
Timetable Review!?! Please! jay7 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 08-13-2010 06:39 PM
Review My Timetable Please :D MohitB First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 08-07-2008 10:41 PM

Timetable Review!

Old 08-21-2010 at 01:30 PM   #1
GetFighted

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Timetable Review!
Hey, I'm taking commerce. The first picture is my first term, 2nd picture is my 2nd term.

Any tips, input, advice or anything at all is appreciated.

Thanks for looking!
Attached Files
File Type: doc Doc1.doc (249.5 KB, 36 views)
Old 08-21-2010 at 02:47 PM   #2
Theashe

Liked: 29 Times

Oh my god, so much white space! I wish my timetable looked like that.

Anyway, lovin' the Thursday off. If possible see if there's a way you could cramp all your other classes closer together just so you could be done earlier in the day (even 10 minutes between classes is just fine). That way you could have long evenings to do homework/study/socialize/whatever you like to do.

Don't suppose there's any way to move the Geog 1HB3 core so that you have Friday off in term two? That'd make for a really nice schedule.
Old 08-21-2010 at 03:36 PM   #3
SROS

Liked: 1 Time

hey i just want to hop on this thread since its the most recent
I'm in life sciences btw. i know my first term is easy, but my second one kinda sucks.... early classes and ending at 5ish
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TERM 1 YEAR 1 (fixed).jpg (40.3 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg TERM 2 YEAR 1 (fixed).jpg (36.2 KB, 12 views)
Old 08-21-2010 at 03:46 PM   #4
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SROS View Post
I'm in life sciences btw. i know my first term is easy, but my second one kinda sucks.... early classes and ending at 5ish
If it makes you feel better, twice a week in first term this year I start at 8:30 AM, and finish my last class at 10 PM.
Old 08-21-2010 at 03:54 PM   #5
SROS

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
If it makes you feel better, twice a week in first term this year I start at 8:30 AM, and finish my last class at 10 PM.
ah yea that sucks man, i was in some evening courses too...... but quickly changed when i realized how brutal it was gonna be. i get sleepy easily lmao
Old 08-21-2010 at 04:09 PM   #6
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SROS View Post
ah yea that sucks man, i was in some evening courses too...... but quickly changed when i realized how brutal it was gonna be. i get sleepy easily lmao
I had to take them if I wanted to keep hours free for work. And if you think you fall asleep easily now, wait til you're my (undisclosed) age
Old 08-21-2010 at 10:23 PM   #7
GetFighted

thanks for all the input so far..

bump
Old 08-22-2010 at 12:52 AM   #8
SROS

yea from what i've seen your timetable is pretty good! theres a lot of white space lol. but if anything try to move those classes closer to eachother if you can, so school can end earlier. your wednesdays second term are probably gonna suck. early mornings, late nights
Old 08-22-2010 at 03:40 AM   #9
mudathto

Liked: 9 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetFighted View Post
Hey, I'm taking commerce. The first picture is my first term, 2nd picture is my 2nd term.

Any tips, input, advice or anything at all is appreciated.

Thanks for looking!
Ahh, I hate gaps in my timetable and you have a bunch of them. You should try to fix it so either you start early and end early or start late and end late, that'll help w. a stable sleeping cycle which will make uni life way easier. If anything, try to fix your Tuesday's so you don't have to start at 9:30 and end at 10 pm (you can try to get into the 1B03 day class, the night class is a bore and with the PPT's, its hard to continue showing up to class day after day).

GetFighted likes this.
Old 08-22-2010 at 11:12 AM   #10
GetFighted

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudathto View Post
Ahh, I hate gaps in my timetable and you have a bunch of them. You should try to fix it so either you start early and end early or start late and end late, that'll help w. a stable sleeping cycle which will make uni life way easier. If anything, try to fix your Tuesday's so you don't have to start at 9:30 and end at 10 pm (you can try to get into the 1B03 day class, the night class is a bore and with the PPT's, its hard to continue showing up to class day after day).
okay that definitely makes sense, but how would i go about getting it changed? im guessing i should go in a few days before school starts and talk to someone?
Old 08-22-2010 at 12:40 PM   #11
SROS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetFighted View Post
okay that definitely makes sense, but how would i go about getting it changed? im guessing i should go in a few days before school starts and talk to someone?
youre supposed to change it yourself on SOLAR through MUGSI. but before that go look at the master timetable to see which time slots are available for your cores (lectures) tutorials etc. then when you have them picked out the way you want, go on solar and change them.

it might be a bit late since a lot of things might be full by now, but try anyway!

GetFighted likes this.