MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Timetables. JAYJAY First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 25 08-09-2010 11:27 PM
Timetables are Available! lorend MacInsiders Announcements 17 08-11-2009 01:05 PM
Timetables are out! kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 66 08-25-2008 01:26 PM
Timetables Are Down lorend MacInsiders Announcements 34 08-11-2008 08:35 AM

About Timetables And Housing

Old 08-09-2010 at 06:30 PM   #1
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

About Timetables And Housing
This is sort of a weird question to ask but is Emerson St safe? How's the neighbourhood? It's just that my friends told me that university neighbourhoods are usually dangerous and when I was looking for off-campus housing, one of the landlords said a bunch of streets to avoid living on. :/ I'm worried especially because I have PolSci from 7-10pm every Thursday all year...

Secondly, could I have my timetable reviewed please?

Term ONE:

Term TWO:

Thanks so much!!
Old 08-09-2010 at 06:45 PM   #2
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Your schedule is pretty spread out, which can be a bit of a pain if you're living off-campus, but you can always go to the library or the gym or an empty classroom to do work if you want

I wouldn't say Emerson is any more dangerous than any other street. If you're worried about walking home alone after dark, there's a walk-home service you can call. SWHAT (Student Walk Home Attendant Team) is located on the second floor of the Student Centre, and is open from 7pm-1am 7 days a week. Teams of one male and one female will meet you wherever you specify, and will walk or bus with you as far as 30mins from campus. You can call them at x27500 or go see them in the Student Centre to ask for a walk. They'll likely be giving out pins with their extension during Clubsfest

Desda says thanks to nerual for this post.
Old 08-09-2010 at 07:15 PM   #3
Ace0fSpades

Liked: 26 Times

Yeah your schedule is way to space. With spaced schedules like yours it's more tempting to skip class rather than to go back to school after a 5 hour break. Maybe change your psych (term 1) to fit in your Thursday gap(if possible ) that way you only have one class on Tuesday
Old 08-09-2010 at 07:44 PM   #4
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Emerson is as safe as Hamilton itself. Take it however you want
Old 08-09-2010 at 07:47 PM   #5
_Luu_
Elite Member

Liked: 184 Times

I'd say Emerson is pretty safe, but that depends on who you talk to.

"Murderpeg" makes the entire city of Hamilton look tame.
Old 08-09-2010 at 08:26 PM   #6
DarkReaper

Liked: 7 Times

I live near Emerson and seems fine to me.