MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Too late for summer school? Little Academics 1 04-16-2011 06:18 PM
Summer School? Ish001 Academics 5 03-21-2011 11:56 PM
McMaster Summer School for high school student MacPack First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 08-04-2010 06:35 PM
Required courses for second year, med school, summer school, etc. kwyhan First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 12-26-2009 07:14 PM
Summer school :( tammy37 Academics 3 12-24-2008 11:49 PM

Too Late for Summer School?

Old 04-27-2011 at 11:08 AM   #1
JayT

Liked: 0 Times

Too Late for Summer School?
At first, I didn't want to attend summer school back when registration first began but after seeing some of my final marks, it's probably a good idea. At the moment, I'm trying to get into a second year course as a first year student, how would I go about doing this? There isn't a professor listed on the master schedule (if it matters, the course I'm trying to apply for is commerce: Financial Accounting 2aa3).

I've been looking around for date and such and also found a small problem. I think the last day to pay for courses is May 1st while the last day to add/drop courses is May 6. How does that work if you pick up the course after the payment deadline?
Old 04-27-2011 at 11:36 AM   #2
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

I don't think it's the payment deadline, I think it's the Payment Agreement deadline. But double check that lol because I'm not sure. You can call the Student Accounts and Cashiers Office to find this out for sure. They will inform you about all the financial details. If you want to take a 2nd year course and are still a 1st year student (ie. you haven't been accepted into your 2nd year program yet) you need to have it waived. Talk to your academic advisor, he/she can do this for you.
Old 04-27-2011 at 11:39 AM   #3
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Oh wait, I just looked it up on the Accounts and Cashiers page. You do have to pay by May 1st.

May 1
PAYMENT DEADLINE! All payments as outlined on your last confirmed PA are due
May 1st payment deadline is extended only for monies coming from OSAP
A $50.00 Late PA Fee will be charged if students complete the PA after this date
Fees for courses added after this date will be due upon registration

The bolded part should answer your question about late registration.
Old 04-27-2011 at 11:57 AM   #4
Eternal Fire
Elite Member

Liked: 227 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
I don't think it's the payment deadline, I think it's the Payment Agreement deadline. But double check that lol because I'm not sure. You can call the Student Accounts and Cashiers Office to find this out for sure. They will inform you about all the financial details. If you want to take a 2nd year course and are still a 1st year student (ie. you haven't been accepted into your 2nd year program yet) you need to have it waived. Talk to your academic advisor, he/she can do this for you.
That's weird because I signed up for 4 second year courses during the summer, I didn't ask for anyone to waive it, and I didn't have a problem during registration.
Old 04-27-2011 at 12:01 PM   #5
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Hmm... I had to get mine all waived. That's odd.
Old 04-27-2011 at 12:03 PM   #6
Eternal Fire
Elite Member

Liked: 227 Times

I even did the payment agreement too, lol do you think it was a glitch?
Old 04-27-2011 at 12:17 PM   #7
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

That's a good point. Maybe it was. You might even be better off calling the office of the registrar to make sre you actually are signed up. It wouldn't hurt. I was acepted into a class and just happened to chek a few days later and it wasn't showing up on my schedule so I had to get it fixed.
Old 04-27-2011 at 12:24 PM   #8
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Liked: 467 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
That's a good point. Maybe it was. You might even be better off calling the office of the registrar to make sre you actually are signed up. It wouldn't hurt. I was acepted into a class and just happened to chek a few days later and it wasn't showing up on my schedule so I had to get it fixed.
I think we all need to remember course registration at McMaster is one big guessing game

James CW
McMaster University-Bachelor's of Social Work and Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology (2012)
York University-Masters of Social Work (2014-2015)

traveler10 likes this.
Old 04-27-2011 at 12:28 PM   #9
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayT View Post
At first, I didn't want to attend summer school back when registration first began but after seeing some of my final marks, it's probably a good idea. At the moment, I'm trying to get into a second year course as a first year student, how would I go about doing this? There isn't a professor listed on the master schedule (if it matters, the course I'm trying to apply for is commerce: Financial Accounting 2aa3).

I've been looking around for date and such and also found a small problem. I think the last day to pay for courses is May 1st while the last day to add/drop courses is May 6. How does that work if you pick up the course after the payment deadline?
Your prof is Ianni btw.
Old 04-27-2011 at 12:57 PM   #10
JayT

Liked: 0 Times

Thanks for the help Lizzie. Where did you find this out? I'm trying to find an email address and ask for a waiver. My academic advisor isn't available at the moment so I can't discuss the issue with her.
Old 04-27-2011 at 01:14 PM   #11
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

I actually went to the Titles website and entered your course code to find your text books. The prof is listed under "instructor." I've done this for all my classes as well, because as you said, the prof is not always listed under the master timetable. I don't know the first name of your prof though, that's all the course texts page says. I'm glad I helped!
Old 04-27-2011 at 01:28 PM   #12
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Fire View Post
That's weird because I signed up for 4 second year courses during the summer, I didn't ask for anyone to waive it, and I didn't have a problem during registration.
Maybe the second year courses you took didn't have a Level II registration requirement? Some courses require first year course prerequisites but don't have a Level II prerequisite...
Old 04-27-2011 at 01:40 PM   #13
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

JayT, here's the link to your textbooks and your profs name:

http://www.bookstore.mcmaste r.ca/c... NG1=EVE%20C01

Btw, that first textbook is ridiculously expensive.