MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Changing cores? ThagsanaR First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 09-18-2010 05:44 PM
MMEDIA 1B03 Trading Cores? Mfm12 Academics 11 08-17-2010 04:47 PM
How to Effectively Choose and Use your Meal Plan! kokosas ARCHIVES 34 09-11-2009 09:04 AM
Cores? hadimuhammad First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 06-29-2009 12:08 AM

Trading Cores/Tut Effectively On Solar

Old 08-13-2011 at 11:18 AM   #1
Buddastotle

Liked: 5 Times

Trading Cores/Tut Effectively On Solar
So basically, me and this guy made an agreement that we would trade core sections since it would be beneficial for both parties; however, we tried to do this on solar but its more complicated than just dropping and then waiting for him to add it. I found out that even when i drop the core it still full for the other person(vice versa). So now what am asking is how do you trade cores on solar so that the person that is intended to get the core actually gets it.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions or ideas!

Thanks
Old 08-13-2011 at 11:21 AM   #2
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Liked: 607 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddastotle View Post
So basically, me and this guy made an agreement that we would trade core sections since it would be beneficial for both parties; however, we tried to do this on solar but its more complicated than just dropping and then waiting for him to add it. I found out that even when i drop the core it still full for the other person(vice versa). So now what am asking is how do you trade cores on solar so that the person that is intended to get the core actually gets it.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions or ideas!

Thanks
Are you both in the same faculty? They sometimes limit seats by your program and so the seat might not show up for that guy, even though you dropped it.

But that might not be the issue at all. Try doing it at like 4am when there's less chance of someone else stealing the spot. See if that works out
Old 08-13-2011 at 11:21 AM   #3
MichaelScarn
Elite Member

Liked: 161 Times

When you're dropping the core, are you just dropping it or are you actually confirming the changes on SOLAR? Because just dropping it won't do anything. I don't think there's anything you can do to guarantee that the other person gets the core that you dropped, just make sure that as soon as you drop it, he picks it up.
Old 08-13-2011 at 11:28 AM   #4
Buddastotle

I always click the apply changes button so that it confirms it, but it doesnt work, i dont even think that core is ever gonna be available, everyones seems to want emlise!

Is there a way me and the guy can go to the science office and they do it for us from there?
Old 08-13-2011 at 11:30 AM   #5
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Quote:
I always click the apply changes button so that it confirms it, but it doesnt work, i dont even think that core is ever gonna be available, everyones seems to want emlise!

Is there a way me and the guy can go to the science office and they do it for us from there?
I don't think the science office will cater to personal exchanges like that =/

Which course is it, btw?
Old 08-13-2011 at 11:33 AM   #6
Buddastotle

CHEM 1A03, Right now i have C02 with Dumont, but C03 with Emlise fits my schedule better and apparently he is a better prof
Old 08-13-2011 at 11:37 AM   #7
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Quote:
CHEM 1A03, Right now i have C02 with Dumont, but C03 with Emlise fits my schedule better and apparently he is a better prof
Hmm, try doing it late at night and see if that works. Can't really get around solar.
Old 08-13-2011 at 11:55 AM   #8
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Or keep trying separately and wait till an obscure date and time to do the switch. I.e. a long weekend, etc.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Buddastotle says thanks to goodnews.inc for this post.
Old 08-13-2011 at 12:04 PM   #9
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

You should probably wait until like the 20th or something like that then go on at like 4am to trade the courses. It's not guaranteed that no one will be on, but it increases your chances of a successful trade. Even if it's 4am DON'T trade if it gives you the FULL message. You want to be able to get in quickly so that then you confirm your drop you can get back in for when he drops his course.

Buddastotle says thanks to jhan523 for this post.