MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone know anything abt the GO trans. STRIKE? jon.john23 Automotive & Transportation 23 10-23-2011 04:00 PM
Interested in Volunteering in Africa?! mlangille Volunteering Opportunities 5 10-11-2010 10:50 PM
Math Year I Early Trans Book 6e - PDF + DL Link Desda Academics 2 09-17-2010 10:42 PM
Africa Week Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 01-13-2008 01:37 PM

Trans-Africa Pipeline Project

Old 03-21-2012 at 06:10 AM   #1
aznsensation

Liked: 21 Times

Trans-Africa Pipeline Project
Have you ever thought the aid that was being given to Africa wasn’t good enough? That no matter how much money we donated to charity, they just aren’t really solving the problem? How about that ‘inspirational’ KONY 2012 video the spread through the internet like a virus? Did it really 'solve all of the problems in Africa?If you had to think longer than 1 second to answer these questions, please check the following link:

http://www.transafricapipeli ne.org/index.php

“Trans Africa Pipeline Inc. is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing water solutions for the sub-Sahara Sahel region of Africa. Our current vision involves constructing a water pipeline network across this region to provide clean water for people and irrigation to create farming oases.”

I recently attended the Global Engineering Conference hosted by EWB right here at Mac this weekend. I have had the honour of meeting the co-founder, Dr. Roderick C. Tennyson, at this conference. We have kept in touch and basically over the summer, I will be helping him gather some data that will help with organization. He’s actually a pretty cool guy. He would take any chance at cracking a joke during his presentation and he also likes to take shots by throwing things to the garbage (who doesn’t?).

The point of this long-winded message is that if the ‘inspirational’ KONY 2012 could spread like a virus, why shouldn’t this project’s intentions (that apparently started since 2005) also be known throughout the world? If possible, can everyone who checks this link out please share it with anyone you know?

-Albert Einstein

sarahsullz, VitaSoy all say thanks to aznsensation for this post.

Old 03-22-2012 at 04:25 PM   #2
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Liked: 106 Times

I don't mean to sound mean one bit and completely support your cause.

Just think of a catchy name and post it on Fb, then sit back and watch it spread like crazy.
Old 03-22-2012 at 04:49 PM   #3
tyrant
Account Locked

Liked: 121 Times

I think the problem is political, I'd rather kids die of hunger/thirst then become child soldiers.