MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how to exempt a course from ure transcript.. cellphone Academics 7 07-12-2010 01:09 PM
Academic Transcript xo.monica Academics 7 01-20-2010 10:23 PM
Custom Transcript? Allan Academics 2 12-31-2009 12:10 PM
Transcript Jake General Discussion 8 05-25-2009 01:00 PM
2008-2009 Time Table Availability lorend MacInsiders Announcements 5 06-01-2008 06:18 AM

Transcript Availability

Old 05-27-2010 at 09:15 AM   #1
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

Transcript Availability
Hey,

I need to send my transcript by June 5th to a foundation in Toronto in order to renew a bursary. However, I know marks will not be reported until May 31st. Am I to believe that we won't be able to send any transcripts until this date as well?

Also, I found McMaster usually takes 7 days to fax a transcript, so even if I get them to do it on May 31st, it won't arrive in time. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks a bunch.

Old 05-27-2010 at 09:23 AM   #2
Ivan Q.

Liked: 10 Times

The only thing I can think of is to pay for the rush service. I think they can get your transcript printed within 24 hours. You could also pay for them to Fedex it too... it'll be expensive though =/
Old 05-27-2010 at 09:30 AM   #3
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

Yup. Order a rush transcript - it's 15 dollars per transcript. You probably won't need to courier it because it takes maximum 2 business days for local mail via Canada Post.
Old 05-27-2010 at 12:19 PM   #4
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

It seems odd that the due date would be a Saturday. Does it just have to be postmarked before the 5th?
Old 05-27-2010 at 12:52 PM   #5
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

If it were me, I'd just yell at the Registrar since you now have a valid reason to get your marks and there really is no reason for the delay. We all know they have access to them.

I considered this too and I thought ordering a transcript for official business-y stuff could be a way to cheat your way into seeing your marks a few days early if you're willing to pay for it.

It is indeed weird that the due date's on a Saturday though. If they're anything like Mac's payment due date, they'll probably take it on Monday.

But yeah, I wouldn't risk it, so if you can convince the Registrar to get your transcript that's probably the safer option.
Old 05-28-2010 at 03:16 AM   #6
mOeeOm

Liked: 9 Times

Take the bus / get someone to drive you there and hand it to them directly.

or

Pay for rush delivery.

Easy