MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Transcript Question TheCurious First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 02-19-2014 04:11 PM
Transcript Question knguyens2 General Discussion 2 12-23-2013 10:45 PM
Transcript Question alee90 Academics 3 02-03-2013 03:06 PM
Transcript Question (Urgent) CAHopeful First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 07-22-2010 10:22 AM
IB Transcript question thdms9211 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 07-19-2010 10:01 AM

Transcript Question

Old 07-22-2015 at 12:26 PM   #1
The Effekt

Liked: 3 Times

Transcript Question
On my transcript, and the online grade report, I can't seem to locate where it indicates an overall cumulative average?

Does the registrar not include this info in the final transcript?

I can see my cumulative average for each academic year, but not the average across the years. I know how to calculate, but I want that to appear on my transcript.

Any thoughts?
Old 07-22-2015 at 02:50 PM   #2
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

On my transcript from several years ago, it only indicates the sessional averages, not my overall cumulative average.

My guess is that it just doesn't appear on the transcript, whether you want it to or not. There is really no need for it to be there, anyways. Your SA gives a better indication of how you have done throughout the years (have you improved or gotten worse as time goes on, did you have one bad term that would have brought down your CA while you did well all other terms, etc). Also, many graduate and professional schools have their own methods of calculating an admissions average and would not find any use for the CA calculated by McMaster.