MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reinstated/transcript question gugugaga Academics 8 12-28-2012 07:00 PM
Thinking of dropping a course (transcript and financial repercussions question) ryanlaser Academics 15 11-01-2012 10:43 PM
A question about transcript request Little Academics 3 01-10-2012 08:25 PM
Transcript Question (Urgent) CAHopeful First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 07-22-2010 10:22 AM
IB Transcript question thdms9211 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 07-19-2010 10:01 AM

Transcript Question

Old 02-03-2013 at 02:22 PM   #1
alee90

Liked: 57 Times

Transcript Question
Hi, I have a question regarding transcripts. I'm going to be applying for graduate school in a couple of months and they require your GPA shown on your transcript, which I understand, but I was wondering if Mac's transcripts will show these (using the 4.0 scale rather than their 12 point scale). Anyone who received a copy of their transcripts know if the standard GPA average is shown on our transcripts??
Old 02-03-2013 at 02:31 PM   #2
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

No, it's only shown using the 12-point scale. The schools you apply to will convert using whatever scale they require.
Old 02-03-2013 at 02:37 PM   #3
alee90

Liked: 57 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
No, it's only shown using the 12-point scale. The schools you apply to will convert using whatever scale they require.
Ah...the reason I was wondering was because I'm applying to a school overseas and I don't know if they'd know how to go about the 12-point system. Anyways, thanks for the response.
Old 02-03-2013 at 03:06 PM   #4
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by alee90 View Post
Ah...the reason I was wondering was because I'm applying to a school overseas and I don't know if they'd know how to go about the 12-point system. Anyways, thanks for the response.
Well each course also has a letter grade next to it, I'd assume they would know how to deal with that. Also, on the back of the transcript the grading system is explained.