MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
McWork Application philB Volunteering Opportunities 2 09-08-2012 07:02 PM
Application monardo First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 06-18-2012 03:48 PM
res application linsalex114 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 03-22-2010 06:29 PM
ca application manu Residence & Housing 12 01-13-2010 10:14 AM
TA application AndyJones General Discussion 1 11-27-2009 09:44 AM

Transfer Application

Old 03-11-2014 at 09:38 AM   #1
paularebecca

Liked: 0 Times

Transfer Application
I was wondering if anyone knew specifically what they look for if you are a transfer student applying to McMaster. I know straight out of high school they have specific courses or marks they look at but what exactly do they look at in terms of university classes you've already taken?
Old 03-11-2014 at 01:59 PM   #2
Phoneup

Liked: 43 Times

Depends on what program you're in now and what you're applying to.

For my case, I have contacted the admissions folks for my program and basically they've made it seem dark and gloomy for transfer applicants. Its obviously harder to transfer unis, but I have contacted other unis and they've told me that if my marks fall in this range or that range then I will have a good chance. The admissions folks for the same program at Mac are either WAY STUCK UP (which I don't understand why) or there might be some truth. I guess I'll find out late April - early May.

ab299 likes this.
Old 03-17-2014 at 01:12 PM   #3
ab299

Liked: 1 Time

edited
Old 03-17-2014 at 01:13 PM   #4
ab299

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoneup View Post
Depends on what program you're in now and what you're applying to.

For my case, I have contacted the admissions folks for my program and basically they've made it seem dark and gloomy for transfer applicants. Its obviously harder to transfer unis, but I have contacted other unis and they've told me that if my marks fall in this range or that range then I will have a good chance. The admissions folks for the same program at Mac are either WAY STUCK UP (which I don't understand why) or there might be some truth. I guess I'll find out late April - early May.
Hey phoneup! I'm sort of in the same situation as you except I'm currently in McMaster and want to transfer to the social work program at Ryerson. Unfortunately, I've applied late, and my university average is in the mid 70s range. Things are looking pretty bleak as well :( What school are you transfering from and what program do you hope to get in if you don't mind me asking?
Old 03-17-2014 at 02:38 PM   #5
Phoneup

Liked: 43 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab299 View Post
Hey phoneup! I'm sort of in the same situation as you except I'm currently in McMaster and want to transfer to the social work program at Ryerson. Unfortunately, I've applied late, and my university average is in the mid 70s range. Things are looking pretty bleak as well :( What school are you transfering from and what program do you hope to get in if you don't mind me asking?
I'm transferring from UW Eng to Mac Nursing. Lol two completely different programs.