MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Enrolling for Fall/Winter 2015-2016 Classes Chad MacInsiders Announcements 9 09-10-2015 05:54 PM
Commerce Transfer McDonalds Academics 3 03-09-2014 08:00 PM
Transfer to Commerce II Chopinetude Academics 0 11-10-2011 03:58 PM
UTM commerce Transfer to Mcmaster commerce II Tyuop Academics 4 06-08-2011 09:18 PM
Transfer to commerce 2 healthsci1 Academics 1 12-26-2009 10:34 AM

Transfer to Commerce for fall 2016

Old 04-01-2016 at 06:28 PM   #1
mackey123

Liked: 0 Times

Transfer to Commerce for fall 2016
Hello!

I'm a first year social science student hoping to transfer to commerce II for the following school year. For one of the requirements, I had to have taken commerce 1ba3 but it filled up this year and i couldn't take it so I was planning on just taking it this summer. However i heard that summer courses are not taken into consideration...does this mean I can't apply this year? :(

Also I kind of got a terrible grade for commerce 1aa3... (i got a 2). I was thinking of upgrading it in the summer but I heard preference would be given to those to passed the first time around, and didn't upgrade or repeat the course :s

My expected gpa (without 1ba3) will probably come to about 7.5ish-8.0ish. I know that's quite low :/ I'm worried I don't have high enough grades to get in and have major regrets about not working hard enough :'(

Last thing, application for internal transfer for a level II program was supposed to open march 30th but I have no idea where to find that in Mosaic :s is it under the same thing as the level II program selection stuff for sosci that keeps getting postponed?

Please let me know if I have even the slightest chance of getting in! I will have to pay 600+ for that summer course, and if I had no chance of getting in at all, it would just be a waste :(
Old 04-01-2016 at 06:40 PM   #2
GeorgeLucas
Elite Member

Liked: 91 Times

Quote:
7.5ish-8.0ish. I know that's quite low :/
Hue hue hue hue, non-engineering school problems... am I right fellas?

I doubt you will be paying anything for a class you won't be taking. I never heard of that happen. Not even sure if it's possible.
Old 04-01-2016 at 09:37 PM   #3
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

You should speak to an academic advisor.
Sometimes they will accept with conditions (e.g. your acceptance is conditional on completing a certain course with a certain grade).
Old 04-01-2016 at 11:24 PM   #4
allanandthera

Liked: 33 Times

Given the low quality of the commerce degree here, I think you might have a shot...