MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Commerce Internship after 3rd year? danman324 Academics 6 11-28-2009 07:15 PM
2nd year commerce MrSmith First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 10-05-2009 09:41 AM
First Year Commerce Textbooks aney.m First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 09-16-2009 12:03 PM
2nd year commerce tangs24 Academics 3 03-24-2009 09:51 AM

Transfering to Second Year Commerce

Old 09-22-2009 at 11:14 AM   #1
Theexe1

Liked: 0 Times

Transfering to Second Year Commerce
Hi, so when i choose what to get admitted for (engineering) I realize i made a mistake, I find engineering to be very dull and not interesting as i thought it would be and my interest to be an engineer is all gone. I wish i had choosen Commerce now but its to late and now i want to switch second year into Commerce. Can someone tell me how i would go about doing this or a website that details how to do so? And hopefully there are no specifical courses i need in order to be put into Commerce 2. Thanks.
Old 09-22-2009 at 12:46 PM   #2
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

There are some 1st year courses you'd need to take if you want to get into Commerce 2...

It'll speed things up if you already took some of the courses as electives last year (e.g. Econ, Anthro, etc.). But I think you'd pretty much be doing first year all over again (although it won't be as difficult as 1st year Eng)

But yeah, you should contact your faculty/academic advisor.
Old 09-24-2009 at 06:09 PM   #3
mcmaster12

Liked: 6 Times

on the contrary, is it possible for a commerce student to get into engineering? say with some/without pre-requistes from highschool.
Old 09-24-2009 at 09:05 PM   #4
JeffB

Liked: 26 Times

It is possible to transfer.
There are two options, one to first year commerce and the other to second year.

Hope this helps. But talk to a faculty advisor with business. It could be possible to switch now but commerce is very strict about taking courses when you are not in their faculty so go and meet with them to get it all sorted out. I should be a lot easier now that all of the rush of course changes is over.
Old 09-27-2009 at 05:49 PM   #5
kenvin100
Elite Member

Liked: 21 Times

i think u guys should keep in mind that this is general engineering..it doesnt specifically mean ur gonna take all these courses again next yr..but if you think 1p03 is boring then i dont blame you.whats more fun than talking about a steel ladder..you guys will know what i mean

F for Feasibility...S for sustainability...2 words you'll see a lot in the course..2 words i really hated by the end of the year..

Old 09-29-2009 at 12:57 PM   #6
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Commerce isn't any less dull. Especially first year.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 10-20-2009 at 03:04 PM   #7
myInteger

Liked: 1 Time

hey! i did first year engineering but now i'm switching into 2nd year commerce. i talked to guidance and he said there are about 10-20 students who switch in every year. you just have to take those courses on their list (i think the link was provided above) and get a 7.0 gpa. since you are taking engineering courses now, its important to do well in them even if they are boring and hard.
Old 10-20-2009 at 06:45 PM   #8
maya_kanani

Liked: 1 Time

One of my good friends from rez did it last year.

For all your electives, take as many business courses as possible. Once you get the transfer, if you're lucky like my friend, you'll get exempt from the first year courses that you missed.

Good luck!