MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Transfering up SamNIN Academics 6 05-30-2010 11:05 PM
Transfering greekkid First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 03-26-2010 08:28 AM
Thinking of transfering Rob36 Academics 1 03-20-2010 12:18 PM
Transfering to Mac? AlinaBee General Discussion 16 07-21-2009 07:18 PM
Transfering into Eng. TaNMaN Academics 0 11-19-2008 01:40 AM

Transfering from Software Eng to Comp Sci

Old 02-28-2011 at 02:59 AM   #1
TylerA

Liked: 1 Time

Transfering from Software Eng to Comp Sci
Does anyone know of someone transferring from software engineering/similar program to computer science?

I am a software engineering student who is thinking that engineering really isn't for them but who really wants to continue study in computer software.

I know many people who attempt to transfer from computer science into software engineering or the like, and so I was wondering how those kind of transfers work.

Computer science and Software engineering have many courses which are anti-requisites of one another. Would credit from one of those courses count toward credit into the other program if you switched degrees, or would one be required to essentially start over, taking all the required courses that were missing even when similar courses had already been taken?

I would like to hear poeple's thoughts on this if they have any experience in the matter.

Thanks for listening and offering advice.

-Tyler Atkin
Old 02-28-2011 at 09:42 AM   #2
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

Your best option is to make an appointment at the eng 1 office (2nd floor annex JHE) and talk to the people there - they know everything and they're fantastic about stuff like this!!

Good luck!