MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Transferring meena101 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 04-08-2010 07:37 AM
Transferring on the GO goodnews.inc Automotive & Transportation 2 03-27-2010 02:36 AM
Transferring to Mac k2s8262 Academics 3 03-18-2009 08:09 PM
Question About Summer School & Transferring Skip First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 02-26-2009 01:24 PM
Transferring to Mac Trillian Academics 4 01-04-2009 07:56 PM

Transferring to another school

Old 04-23-2012 at 04:23 PM   #1
Dumbo

Liked: 7 Times

Transferring to another school
If I've already applied to go to another school for the fall term, do I have to let McMaster know that I will not be returning (and also return my student card?) Or is this stuff usually done online where I have to confirm where I'm going for the next term?
Old 04-23-2012 at 05:24 PM   #2
jim1
Elite Member

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbo View Post
If I've already applied to go to another school for the fall term, do I have to let McMaster know that I will not be returning (and also return my student card?) Or is this stuff usually done online where I have to confirm where I'm going for the next term?
Yes you do, basically when you are fully registered at that institution, you have to go to the registrars office in Gilmour Hall and let them know. They will take your student card and destroy it.
Also, I don think they ask you where you are going for the fall term (It's your business you know).
Old 04-23-2012 at 07:56 PM   #3
Dumbo

Liked: 7 Times

Well I haven't gotten a reply yet from the other school (even though I'm confident I'll get in) so would I still need to go to the registars office to confirm?
Old 04-23-2012 at 09:22 PM   #4
jim1
Elite Member

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbo View Post
Well I haven't gotten a reply yet from the other school (even though I'm confident I'll get in) so would I still need to go to the registars office to confirm?
I wouldn't recommend leaving mac without being fully registered at that other university/college. You only go to the registrars office when you are 100% that you want to leave mac and when you are registered with them. I am just trying to say that you should wait until you get accepted there, you never know what happens and its kindda dangerous leaving a school without being registered at another one.

And yes, you should go to the registrars so they can destroy your student card (that's how it works).