MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The New Canada Health Transfers: Debunking the Sustainability Myth crazyfree Politics 1 02-15-2012 11:41 AM
Level 1 vs. Level 2 courses in SPRING/SUMMER term maki Academics 6 03-21-2011 11:55 AM
Questions about College Transfers Atmosphere First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 03-04-2011 10:03 PM
transfers heliya Academics 2 05-01-2009 09:56 PM

Transfers in to Mac - Above Level 1

Old 05-23-2012 at 06:21 PM   #1
cate54

Liked: 0 Times

Transfers in to Mac - Above Level 1
I am very worried. I have not received an offer of Admission yet.
I am transferring from Biomedical Sciences - Guelph to Social Sciences Above Level one at Mac.
Does anyone know if Social Sciences is still accepting? Also, who do I speak to - to find out why I have no answer yet? - I’ve tried Admissions - but they cannot give me a straight answer about my file.

Last edited by cate54 : 05-23-2012 at 06:30 PM.
Old 05-23-2012 at 06:24 PM   #2
Con19

Liked: 4 Times

From what I remember, applications went out until the 25th

cate54 says thanks to Con19 for this post.
Old 05-23-2012 at 06:34 PM   #3
yoni

Liked: 88 Times

well I know someone who transferred from a different university to Mac above level 1 (it was to science) and they were accepted in early May. Have you sent them a finalized transcript with all of your marks on it? if you are near the cutoffs then they may require seeing all of your marks before you get a decision, which could take until mid June probably. what has admissions been telling you?? obviously they are the only ones who have your file..

edit: this was last year

Last edited by yoni : 05-23-2012 at 06:35 PM. Reason: clarify

cate54 says thanks to yoni for this post.
Old 05-23-2012 at 10:13 PM   #4
cate54

Liked: 0 Times

Admissions - just said - “the file is being reviewed” & they cannot give me anymore information.
I’ve called them once a week for the last month.
all transcripts are in
Can I appeal the decision if it is negative?
Old 05-23-2012 at 10:20 PM   #5
jim1
Elite Member

Liked: 360 Times

A friend of mine had a low average in grade 12 and wanted to do social sciences...he called mac and asked if they can wait for him after he takes a summer school course to boost his average and they said that they accept people who do that if they are applying to social sciences and humanities.
That was 3 years ago, so I am not sure if the system has changed.
What I am trying to say is, they might be still accepting people now.
Good luck
Old 05-23-2012 at 11:39 PM   #6
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by cate54 View Post
Admissions - just said - “the file is being reviewed” & they cannot give me anymore information.
I’ve called them once a week for the last month.
all transcripts are in
Can I appeal the decision if it is negative?
The deadlines for ouac 105 applications might be different from 101 applications, so keep that in mind. They might do all 101 applications first. If your application is being reviewed then all you can do is wait. You can probably appeal a negative decision, but I can't imagine a case where it would make a difference. Acceptances are pretty straightforward.