MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Are all the labs, tutorials, and cores for Chem 1A03 full? naval23 Academics 2 08-09-2012 06:51 PM
Tutorials? ShockValue First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 08-07-2012 10:05 PM
First Tutorials SarahJane_17 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-20-2011 08:44 PM
Tutorials Erika0909 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 09-17-2009 11:24 AM
Help --- Cores available but Tutorials are Full sinthusized Academics 7 08-11-2008 08:53 PM

Tutorials Full

Old 08-08-2013 at 11:09 AM   #1
nicolemcd

Liked: 0 Times

Tutorials Full
The ideal tutorial for me is full, just wondering if there is any way tutorials are more likely to open or any other way i could achieve the tutorial i want? otherwise i have 5 hours of straight class which is not exactly "fun". If not i guess i can't really complain, but any help would be lovely

(its for French 1a06, i want tutorial 2!)
Old 08-08-2013 at 11:17 AM   #2
Freddy

Liked: 4 Times

For humanities and socs sci classes, it's hard to switch tutorials through solar, since they don't want to ruin the balance of people within each tutorial for marking reasons(That's what my philosophy prof said last year). I guess it's based on the TA in that course and how much they can handle. You would need to send an email to the prof, I think, to state a pretty good reason to why you need to switch.

As for 5 hrs straight of class, after the first two weeks when you get used to everything, it's actually not bad.
Old 08-08-2013 at 11:20 AM   #3
nicolemcd

Liked: 0 Times

is there much possibility of the tutorial i want opening up?
Old 08-08-2013 at 11:32 AM   #4
Freddy

Liked: 4 Times

There is a chance it might open up, like with any core, lab, and tutorial, but the problem is if you are lucky enough to be on Solar when it happens

nicolemcd likes this.
Old 08-08-2013 at 11:35 AM   #5
sarahbenji

Liked: 1 Time

Sometimes if the other tutorial slots don't work for you, the prof can have some say with switching your tutorial. Or i've had profs that arrange a discussion where students can discuss switching tutorials, and if you find someone willing to switch with you the prof will arrange it for you.
Old 08-08-2013 at 12:03 PM   #6
speirac

Liked: 1 Time

A little unrelated...but on the McMaster Undergraduate Calender some of my PSYCH courses say they have tutorials. However, when i go onto SOLAR there is no option to choose a tutorial. Has anyone else noticed the same thing?

Thanks
Old 08-08-2013 at 01:22 PM   #7
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

Keep trying. If that is the only one and the other conflicts, tell your academic supervisor. If there are other possible options, you're gona have to choose those or wait for your ideal.

nicolemcd says thanks to Leeoku for this post.
Old 08-08-2013 at 03:05 PM   #8
SweetyTweety
Elite Member

Liked: 165 Times

They can't give everybody the exact tutorial times they want unless there's a conflict. Otherwise, the 8am tutorials would be practically empty.
Just check back daily to see if anyone with that tutorial dropped the course or switched to another time.