MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
November 11th is the last day to drop courses, but until what time? Daman K First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 11-10-2011 10:50 PM
until WHAT TIME tomorrow can we add/drop courses? PT001 Academics 6 09-15-2011 05:33 PM
Two Mandatory courses at same time mediagurl First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 08-10-2011 12:12 PM
time to pick courses??? MacJk First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 06-06-2011 04:33 PM
Courses that have to be completed by certain time.. sidraH Academics 2 12-31-2009 04:20 PM

two courses at the same time

Old 06-04-2013 at 12:12 PM  
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

doesnt matter. your post was garbage like usual and completely wrong like usual. no misinfo was given by jason. idk why you think he gave so much misinfo. read properly next time
Old 06-04-2013 at 12:58 PM   #16
Grover
The Law
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 254 Times

A moderator in this thread has already said to stop inflaming the discussion. Please turn back to the initial topic at hand, and feel free to offer any further insight you may have.
Old 06-04-2013 at 01:11 PM   #17
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times

all im saying is that if you actually look at his sentence silver, the if statement only refers to one arguement in the english language. no need to be angry over it. and calling all my posts garbage is a bit far dont you think?:S
good luck op tho, im sure your two conflicting classes wont be a problem for you to handle! Especially since a lot of students skip classes anyways
Old 06-07-2013 at 01:29 AM   #18
NA19

Liked: 1 Time

Hey LifeSciences,

MUGSI will let you do it but personally, you need to consider some things:

I did this last year and it worked out for me but only because I did my research and worked hard. You have to try to look for the course outlines for the courses or ask people what the course structure was like.

1) Will you be able to handle the self-learning? Personally, it was hard for me to put aside time to learn the content of the course I didn't go to all semester. Since the lecture wasn't recorded, this was very hard. University courses are more difficult than anything you may have done in high school and learning things on your own, although sometimes an unfortunate necessity, takes a lot of time.

2) There will be some courses with participation marks/iClicker questions (iClickers are small quizes that may count for marks during lecture) and if you are planning on missing a course like this, you will have to give your iClicker to someone else and trust that they will submit correct answers (if the Iclicker is worth marks - again, you will have to check the course outline for this).

3) As mentioned above, if you have midterms for these courses that are traditionally during class (also something you can find out from previous years/course outlines), then you don't want to take the risk.

4) What is your health sci tutorial? There are some health sci tutorials that you can get away with not going to, but this also depends on the class and how understanding your group is. If it's psychobio (which is the only tutorial I had in first year for healthsci), you COULD POTENTIALLY rely on your group to relay information to you. However, if your group wants to meet at that time and discuss things, then, you'll be out of luck. You'll probably want to talk to them about this.

Anyway, just some thoughts. If you want to share what two courses you are having a conflict with, I could probably provide more insight. Otherwise, good luck with your predicament!