MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
How to setup my McMaster email to my apple email on my Macbook? ibro95 Computers & Tech 3 07-19-2011 02:30 PM
New Email System Update MD-L Academics 20 10-14-2010 09:49 PM
Mac places sixth in university rankings Email Story Email story PrintPrint Text Size Iamanonymous General Discussion 1 11-06-2009 09:42 AM
MacInsiders Update To All Members Chad MacInsiders Announcements 9 06-18-2009 02:52 PM
MacInsiders Update Chad MacInsiders Announcements 3 04-04-2007 07:34 AM

Update: MacInsiders Email Verification

Hi everyone,

I wanted to update you about a bug that was recently found when members tried to update their e-mail address or password via their user control panel. The glitch occurred when you tried to make a change it would require you to type in a McMaster.ca e-mail to confirm the changes and would cause your account to go into verification mode again (turning off your ability to post in the forums until you clicked the link that we e-mailed you).

This has since been corrected. The new page should also make things a bit clearer and easier to understand.

Once you initially sign up and verify your McMaster.ca email you can change it to be any email you like (gmail, hotmail, etc) if you don't check your McMaster email often and would like all emails about private messages, updates, news, etc. to go to a different non-McMaster email. You can now change your e-mail in your control panel without needing to re-verify. Click here if you would like to change your e-mail.

You can also change your password easily now by just typing in your old one, and your new one you'd like to change it to.

The link to changing your e-mail/password has also been moved higher on the left side of your control panel to make it easier to find.

If your forum posting permissions have been turned off by mistake due to this glitch and you are not receiving the email with the link, or you're seeing the 'activate your e-mail' message at the top of your screen when you login and need help re-activating, please contact us to help you.
Published by
MacInsiders Founder/Admin

Article Tools

Deleted Post

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search