MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
QUICK QUESTION! please answer luxhydrus Academics 7 04-13-2011 03:47 PM
Anyone in KIN 1Y03, please answer this question! Vuci Academics 2 09-16-2010 04:25 PM
Can anyone answer a quick question about Antirequisites? Sintos Academics 2 05-30-2010 08:11 PM
Upgrading Vista to XP........ hamza7 General Discussion 24 11-16-2008 05:27 PM

upgrading class question! answer ASAP

Old 11-26-2012 at 11:30 AM   #1
romanoca

Liked: 0 Times

upgrading class question! answer ASAP
Hey, so im re-taking my first year psych course 1X03 this term as i did poorly in it last year and i am trying to switch my program and in order to switch i need a higher grade in this class. So my question is : when i have finished the class this term, will my new mark be averaged with my old mark or will the old mark be disregarded when im applying to the program i want to change into ?

let me know! thank you!
Old 11-26-2012 at 11:37 AM   #2
qwerty91
Elite Member

Liked: 173 Times

Usually they look at all your courses, including those failed, upgraded and repeated. Your average will will be the weighted average of all courses taken before drop date divided by the total number of units taken (including repeated ones)

As such the mark will be like an average between the original and repeated class but now that "average" will be weighted more in your CA
Old 11-26-2012 at 05:51 PM   #3
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

It's typically counted as an average in your CA. So if you got a 2 the first time and 10 the second time, you'd have an average of 6 over 6 units. So, if you needed to get an 8 in the course to get into the program, you wouldn't get in if they average it, no matter what your mark was the second time around.

If you just need to meet a certain grade in the course to get into a program, they *may* look at it differently. Since it's a simple yes/no and not really calculating an average, they might say its okay if just one of your marks meets that requirement. Double-check to make sure.
Old 11-27-2012 at 12:34 AM   #4
toocute

Liked: 4 Times

I was in this situation before, they take your best mark for the program you apply to, but average the two marks for your CA