MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MSN Help Urgent Desda Computers & Tech 24 09-23-2010 11:39 AM
urgent OSAP question kwyhan Financial Aid 1 06-30-2010 03:08 PM
urgent osap question danallan First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 08-28-2009 08:53 AM
Need Urgent Help Re: OSAP VastHorizon First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 08-26-2009 05:31 PM

Urgent: Osap!!!!

Old 08-30-2009 at 06:57 PM   #1
maryam17

Liked: 2 Times

Urgent: Osap!!!!
So last week I was just on the osap page and noticed that my OSAP was on hold (was surprised I didn't recieve an e-mail or w.e) until they recieved a form (my dads income tax)...so I sent it in the next day! I was at mac last tuesday so I decided I would go pick my OSAP or see what was going on with it. The lady told me the exact thing that I already realized and she told me that it after the recieved my form and processed it it would take an additional week to ship my osap to McMaster for pickup.

I asked her about the September 1st deadline for the payment agreement and she said McMaster will allow it to be late if it deals with an OSAP concern. I don't believe that this is true and am wondering if anyone has had this problem.

Will I be able to attend classes if the payment isn't in on time, will i even still be registered? I'm kinda freaking out. Or will I have to pay late fees (which the lady said NO!)???

thanks
Old 08-30-2009 at 06:59 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryam17 View Post
So last week I was just on the osap page and noticed that my OSAP was on hold (was surprised I didn't recieve an e-mail or w.e) until they recieved a form (my dads income tax)...so I sent it in the next day! I was at mac last tuesday so I decided I would go pick my OSAP or see what was going on with it. The lady told me the exact thing that I already realized and she told me that it after the recieved my form and processed it it would take an additional week to ship my osap to McMaster for pickup.

I asked her about the September 1st deadline for the payment agreement and she said McMaster will allow it to be late if it deals with an OSAP concern. I don't believe that this is true and am wondering if anyone has had this problem.

Will I be able to attend classes if the payment isn't in on time, will i even still be registered? I'm kinda freaking out. Or will I have to pay late fees (which the lady said NO!)???

thanks
If you checked off OSAP as a funding option in your payment agreement then it doesn't matter when you pick up your first OSAP instalment, as long as you do pick it up.

Nothing will else will happen as long as you already paid your balance forward stated in your payment agreement.
Old 08-30-2009 at 07:28 PM   #3
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

What the woman said was true, as long as you've confirmed OSAP as an option on your payment agreement, McMaster will wait. Go to classes like normal, and you'll be fine.

OSAP is giving me shit too, so I totally feel you. It's really nervewracking.
Old 08-30-2009 at 07:40 PM   #4
jimimusic

Liked: 11 Times

I have a similar concern.. I didn't realize that OSAP money comes in 2 terms which means another portion won't be avalible till january. On my payment agreement, it automatically subtracted the first term OSAP amount out of the full amount including the 1000 scholarship, which still leaves a couple of thousands due on september first. So what do I do now? Cause the second term of OSAP won't be avalible till january.. Am I going to get a late fee or do I have to go back to my payment agreement and select the installment option instead of the pay in full...? If I do select the installment option, won't I have to pay some kind of interest?
Old 08-30-2009 at 07:45 PM   #5
saukalra
Elite Member

Liked: 18 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimimusic View Post
I have a similar concern.. I didn't realize that OSAP money comes in 2 terms which means another portion won't be avalible till january. On my payment agreement, it automatically subtracted the first term OSAP amount out of the full amount including the 1000 scholarship, which still leaves a couple of thousands due on september first. So what do I do now? Cause the second term of OSAP won't be avalible till january.. Am I going to get a late fee or do I have to go back to my payment agreement and select the installment option instead of the pay in full...? If I do select the installment option, won't I have to pay some kind of interest?
If you dont pay the whole amount by september 1st, then you'll have to pay a late fee of $35. And yes, if you do select the installment plan then you'll have to pay interest (i think 1.2% per month).
You could go to mac and pay the balance before sept 1 if possible to avoid any charges. Or you could use Interac to pay your fees online.
Old 08-30-2009 at 07:45 PM   #6
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimimusic View Post
If you select instalment payment you might still have to pay a balance forward by September 1st. If you do not pay the balance forward you will be charged the late fee.

You can pay anytime between September and January for the rest of the money you owe McMaster. You should note that interest is calculated at the end of each month, 1.2%.
Old 09-01-2009 at 11:21 PM   #7
nessa18

Liked: 9 Times

When do they start charging interest? I didnt pay today cause I am still not sure about OSAP, so all I will get is a late payment fee right, hope my parents dont freak.

Also for the OSAP pickup I was there last week and my amount might be changing but it still hasnt been updated yet, thats another reason I dont want to pay yet. Lets say I pay and they change the OSAP amount, when would I get my extra money back?
Old 09-01-2009 at 11:23 PM   #8
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nessa18 View Post
When do they start charging interest? I didnt pay today cause I am still not sure about OSAP, so all I will get is a late payment fee right, hope my parents dont freak.

Also for the OSAP pickup I was there last week and my amount might be changing but it still hasnt been updated yet, thats another reason I dont
That's right, you will only be charged the late fee. Interest is calculated at the end of each month.