MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
asians sleeping in the library Lois General Discussion 17 01-01-2011 01:45 PM
A Human Anti-Aging Pill in Ten Years YasirHasan General Discussion 23 12-01-2010 08:07 PM
Have u ever experienced this while sleeping? dhgn General Discussion 31 11-08-2010 04:06 PM
Sleeping Habit Yakattack General Discussion 26 11-03-2010 11:10 PM
Roomate issue, sleeping kenvin100 General Discussion 11 09-14-2008 10:13 AM

Who uses sleeping pill?

Old 01-14-2011 at 08:04 AM   #31
brendanp

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfattal View Post
if ur having trouble sleeping just take 5-6 advil pills depending on ur size

that will make u sleep in matter of minutes

except i dont know if u wake up
lol...that would probably just upset your stomach and make it harder to sleep.
Old 01-14-2011 at 09:13 AM   #32
kimberly_ann
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 0 Times

Over the counter sleeping pills don't do anything, nytol is made up of the same stuff in Benadryl, that's why benadryl makes you sleepy. I've had sleeping problems on and off for years and the ONLY thing that works for me is melatonin, you can get it at any health food store. Melatonin is something your body naturally produces in response to the dark, to let your body know it's time to sleep. It's also a powerful anti-oxident apparently, do it's actually good for you too
Old 01-14-2011 at 09:24 AM   #33
mfattal
Elite Member

Liked: 85 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanp View Post
lol...that would probably just upset your stomach and make it harder to sleep.
talking from experience?

~*Sara*~ likes this.
Old 01-14-2011 at 10:21 AM   #34
Phil

Liked: 27 Times

Percocets do the trick.
Old 01-14-2011 at 10:44 AM   #35
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Percocets do the trick.
Is this based on experience DX?
Old 01-14-2011 at 12:55 PM   #36
Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Is this based on experience DX?
Absolutely. They basically give me a free ticket for them when I had surgery (not that I abuse it, but when I needed them they would knock me out).
Old 01-14-2011 at 12:59 PM   #37
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Eat turkey.

ALSO, NOT THAT I'M AN EXPERT, but percs are addictive. If someone's in the mindset that they can't even control their sleep and fix it themselves, then maybe they're not in the mindset to use addictive shit.

just sayin

(also, it can get pretty expensive buying them off the street, but that really isn't my main point)

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 01-14-2011 at 01:21 PM   #38
Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Eat turkey.

ALSO, NOT THAT I'M AN EXPERT, but percs are addictive. If someone's in the mindset that they can't even control their sleep and fix it themselves, then maybe they're not in the mindset to use addictive shit.

just sayin

(also, it can get pretty expensive buying them off the street, but that really isn't my main point)

Both your points are very true
Old 01-14-2011 at 02:46 PM   #39
Furgazi

Liked: 22 Times

Ive used Life sleep aid pills and I have to say they work pretty well. You don't really get addicted to it or anything but one bad side effect is that you do feel somewhat drowsy the next day. It definitely helps though.

If you are not a big fan of drugs then I suggest Valerian Root which works AMAZING. It's all natural and about an hour after I take it im knocked out and i get the best rest. You can find it at any health store or GNC or anything like that.
Old 01-14-2011 at 03:27 PM   #40
brendanp

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfattal View Post
talking from experience?
of course...i'm a big enough dumbass to think advil helps with sleep.
Old 01-14-2011 at 03:32 PM   #41
thedog123123
Crazy Physicist

Liked: 313 Times

Try not to be stressed out going to bed and most importantly don't think to yourself "i got to get sleep" cause than you won't sleep.

At your ages you should not be taking sleeping pills. They are more for people who have actual sleeping disorders or much older.

lizziepizzie likes this.
Old 01-14-2011 at 04:43 PM   #42
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Absolutely. They basically give me a free ticket for them when I had surgery (not that I abuse it, but when I needed them they would knock me out).
That's true.

Sidenote: correct me if I'm wrong, but when a family member had to take them after surgery, they only worked for about 2-3 hours and he would wake up again. Was that how it was for you too?

Last edited by ~*Sara*~ : 01-14-2011 at 04:54 PM.
Old 01-14-2011 at 05:33 PM   #43
Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
That's true.

Sidenote: correct me if I'm wrong, but when a family member had to take them after surgery, they only worked for about 2-3 hours and he would wake up again. Was that how it was for you too?
I could be fine off less sleep as well (although I have a high tolerance to things like that).

Nifty side effect, if I thought of something before I slept while on them, I would almost certainly have a dream involving that item/thing.

~*Sara*~ says thanks to Phil for this post.
Old 01-15-2011 at 07:20 AM   #44
nuttynatz

Liked: 2 Times

I think someone already mentioned this, but start reading a textbook from one of your most challenging/least favourite courses, as you lie in bed, and you will start to feel drowsy immediately. Apparently, when the mind is reading/listening to challenging concepts, this makes you sleepy, because sleep helps you remember what you have learnt better by forming new networks and connections in the brain (also why you should sleep 7-8 hrs before a test since you will remember better
+ also why students fall asleep in lecture). Plus, sleeping pills don't make you go into the deepest phase of sleep, which is the most important for learning, memory, and for your body to recharge its defense mechanisms (so it has health benefits too).
Source: Bio 3UU3 with Dr. Rollo.
Old 01-15-2011 at 11:23 AM   #45
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Liked: 467 Times

Have a cup of Celestial Sleepytime tea, gets me ready for bed after a long day.

James CW
McMaster University-Bachelor's of Social Work and Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology (2012)
York University-Masters of Social Work (2014-2015)