MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
West Village Suites - Fall 2010 pavlov Residence & Housing 0 07-30-2010 11:05 AM
West Village Suites - don't live here JackBauer133 Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 8 05-12-2010 10:56 PM
Village Green Bistro Lois Restaurants & Food Reviews 2 08-13-2009 05:00 PM
West Village Suites... mh519 Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 20 08-11-2009 07:43 PM
The Village Restaurant Goce Restaurants & Food Reviews 2 01-05-2009 11:15 PM

Value Village in Hamilton

Old 09-01-2009 at 12:17 AM   #16
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
... LOL! That was pretty funny XD
Don't encourage her! XD

lawleypop likes this.
Old 09-01-2009 at 08:10 AM   #17
tanarg

Liked: 1 Time

I hear the reclaimed centre is also good, but I've never been so don't quote me on it.
Old 09-01-2009 at 10:41 AM   #18
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanarg View Post
I hear the reclaimed centre is also good, but I've never been so don't quote me on it.
Is that the actual store name? I tried googling it and nothing came up. xD

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 09-01-2009 at 10:43 AM   #19
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

There's also a salvation army downtown, I think they have furniture. It's not too far downtown and you can always check it out on the way to value village.

One of my friends volunteers for a thrift store in Hamilton, I'll ask her if they have furniture.

lawleypop says thanks to Lois for this post.
Old 09-01-2009 at 10:46 AM   #20
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soltintal View Post
There are lots of thrift/consignment shops in Hamilton - and Value Village really isn't very good for furniture. You might get lucky, but it's really hit and miss as to what's there. 90% of the store is clothing. One good place specifically for furniture is Mr. Macs on Ottawa Street. The downtown Goodwill Amity used to be a good place for that too, but I'm not sure if it exists anymore as they had some issues that closed a bunch of the stores down. They still have a store on Upper James though. I highly recommend doing a websearch for used furniture in Hamilton and see some of the stores that pop up as there are too many for me to describe them all.
I googled Mr.Macs... way too expensive for me. D:

Is Goodwill Amity cheap?

Old 09-01-2009 at 07:30 PM   #21
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Okay, so.

I just went to the Value Village in Whitby.
There were about... 12 pieces of furniture, give or take. And it was EXPENSIVE as hell. There was an armoire that was about 120 dollars. It raelly wasn't as cheap as I thought it'd be.

How are the prices in the one in Hamilton? (if anyone knows)

What about the goodwill in Hamilton?

Old 09-01-2009 at 08:13 PM   #22
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

You might be better off looking at Ikea if you're looking for cheap furniture. Granted, it probably won't last very long.

lawleypop says thanks to Lois for this post.
Old 09-01-2009 at 08:13 PM   #23
VastHorizon
Elite Member

Liked: 128 Times

The one in Hamilton Mountain kinda sucks. Cheap and outdated stuff at premium prices. Only the tables are worth looking into. I have no idea on what stuff your interested in like the full length mirror and the dresser. I only go there for their electronic stuff and books. Oh, and they have tons of clothes too.

Try searching for furniture in Kijiji. I've had a ton of luck there when I go looking for guitars and other musical gear.

lawleypop says thanks to VastHorizon for this post.
Old 09-01-2009 at 08:28 PM   #24
Ryan V

Liked: 8 Times

Best days to shop at value village are probably tuesday and wednesday because then they have the most stuff. reason being on the weekends everything is picked through and there's not much left on monday and on thursday the old people get their pension
Old 09-01-2009 at 08:29 PM   #25
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan V View Post
Best days to shop at value village are probably tuesday and wednesday because then they have the most stuff. reason being on the weekends everything is picked through and there's not much left on monday and on thursday the old people get their pension
Good thing tomorrow is Wednesday. xD

Old 09-01-2009 at 10:34 PM   #26
Maegs
Elite Member

Liked: 26 Times

You could try this place: http://www.rose-hill-liquidation.com/

It's in Waterdown (maybe 25-30 minutes from Mac) but you could stop there on your way to Hamilton. I've been told they have decent prices/selection, but I haven't been there myself

lawleypop says thanks to Maegs for this post.
Old 09-01-2009 at 11:03 PM   #27
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Another thing to try is one of those warehouses / clearing houses that sell off flawed and used furniture. I got my entire living room set at one years ago, no visible problems, and after close to 10 years, its all in good shape, other than the damage me and my roommates did to it over the years.
Old 09-02-2009 at 08:01 AM   #28
samantha__
Elite Member

Liked: 9 Times

You COULD try IKEA, a store that I LOVEEEEEE. But in general, their stuff actually isn't that cheap, depending on what you want of course.

At IKEA, they have an As-Is section close to the cashiers/service/entrance where they have items that are defective/etc etc that are discounted. You could try there =)

lawleypop says thanks to samantha__ for this post.
Old 09-02-2009 at 08:04 AM   #29
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samantha__ View Post
You COULD try IKEA, a store that I LOVEEEEEE. But in general, their stuff actually isn't that cheap, depending on what you want of course.

At IKEA, they have an As-Is section close to the cashiers/service/entrance where they have items that are defective/etc etc that are discounted. You could try there =)
Thanks, but I've tried Ikea before. XD Their stuff is so expensive.

Maybe I'm just super poor. XD