MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
E.M.P.O.W.E.R. presents: Son of A Lion Movie Screening (FREE PIZZA & MOVIE NIGHT) hamnahx02 MacInsiders Announcements 0 03-28-2011 10:55 PM
Voices from Grassy Narrows MFNSA MacInsiders Announcements 0 03-19-2011 08:23 AM
Teaching ESL overseas (primarily china/korea/japan) killza Volunteering Opportunities 4 07-22-2010 02:08 PM
movie theatres in hamilton... movie club? macculkin General Discussion 7 06-27-2009 09:23 PM

Voices for North Korea - TONIGHT: LiNK Movie Screening!

Hello everyone!

Voices for North Korea invites you to participate in a global movement for human rights in North Korea! Please come out to our documentary screening event!

Liberty in North Korea (LiNK) has just released a new documentary series about North Korean defectors trying to escape from China: 

“Hiding” will follow the story of five rescued individuals. The documentary will highlight what life in hiding is really like in China for North Korean refugees and the risks that must be taken to escape.

WHAT? VNK+LiNK Film Screening (40 minutes) + Presentation/Discussion (refreshments & food provided) 
WHO? Liberty in North Korea (LiNK) Nomads from California
WHEN? Tuesday November 29 at 6:30pm **TONIGHT**
WHERE? HSC 1A4
WHY? To learn more about the situation in North Korea and to speak with representatives from LiNK, an organization that provides protection and aid to North Korean refugees in China!

**The screening is free of cost and refreshments will be provided.** 

PLEASE RSVP at [email protected] om with your name & faculty

We look forward to seeing you at our movie screening event!

---------------------
About Link:

While the world focuses on North Korea's security issue, hundreds of thousands of North Koreans continue to be enslaved in prison camps today. Up to 300,000 have also escaped to China - seeking food, medicine, work or freedom from political and religious oppression. 

LiNK (Liberty in North Korea) is the only grassroots organization in North America providing protection and aid to North Korean refugees hiding in China. LiNK seeks to raise awareness of this crisis and provides a way for the international community to take part in bringing about effective change. 
Published by

Article Tools

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Link Screening.jpg (101.5 KB, 35 views)
Deleted Post
Old 11-29-2011 at 11:39 AM   #2
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times
If that poster thing (the picture) is the primary way you're advertising this event, it is seriously lacking a lot... if I was passing that in the hall I'd be like... wtf? Then theres a little blurb at the bottom that kind of explains it, but its not very compelling.. Is there any way I can watch this online or something? I don't have any classes on campus today, so I have no reason to commute just for this..

Old 11-30-2011 at 11:48 AM   #3
Ardougne

Liked: 20 Times
can you post this online please?

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search