MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Wilfrid Laurier University Students Union (WLUSU) Challenges MSU finklej MacInsiders Announcements 9 09-06-2010 11:44 PM
McMaster Students for Health Innovation needs YOU! MSHI Clubs & Groups 0 10-16-2008 09:38 AM
SPC Card for McMaster students Matt385 General Discussion 4 09-05-2008 10:34 PM

Want to know what's up with the McMaster Students Union ?

I only had my first SRA meeting yesterday but I did realize one thing immediately , a large bulk of students may merely pay a MSU fee at the beginning of the year , rolled up with a variety of other fees they may consider random or deem useless. Afterwards , later in the year the only time they may hear about the MSU is either through their swag bag , being bombarded to vote for candidates they truly do not know , or in a negative light from The Silhouette .

This disconnect from the general student population after paying such a fee and getting some value from it disheartens me . Students shouldn't pay for something they feel lacs values, or in a way invest in a Student's Union without being able to know "What's Up".

This is why I urge those who want to know about opportunities , ongoing matters pertinent to student life , have issues , or just want an overall say to check the twitter feed once in a while .

The fee students pay into the MSU though necessary I feel should be one you feel was worth spending because you can track results .

By following the feed you can find out when SRA meetings are coming up , which is also great .

You can track the ongoings of The MSU at

http://twitter.com/#search?q=%23McSU

Don't worry if you don't have twitter you can still follow the feed

Although , if you do have Twitter , I also highly suggest following SRA members you deem active , along with your President Elect , Vice President Elects , and the current Board if you would want their updates for the remainder of the term.

etoilex3 likes this.
Published by

Article Tools

Deleted Post

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search