MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rooms with washrooms Chiaaa First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 05-27-2010 10:10 AM
Rooms with washrooms NOT in Les Prince dcarcone Residence & Housing 10 05-23-2010 02:45 PM
Personal Washrooms nick Residence & Housing 8 09-19-2009 03:46 PM
ABB washrooms wintermelon General Discussion 18 11-20-2008 03:17 PM
Rooms with their own washrooms jag6232 Residence & Housing 3 05-22-2008 07:44 AM

Washrooms

Old 10-28-2008 at 06:50 PM   #1
wintermelon

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Washrooms
For the res buildings that have common washrooms, how often are these washrooms cleaned? And for those living on res, how clean are they?

Just curious.
Old 10-28-2008 at 07:30 PM   #2
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Res washrooms are cleaned Monday-Saturday for those in traditional-style res (excluding Les Prince to my knowlege).

As for cleanliness...it depends on who you live with.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 10-28-2008 at 07:47 PM   #3
wintermelon

Well, if they're getting cleaned they should not be too dirty, right? Because some buildings smell really rank...I guess whoever is cleaning the washrooms isn't doing a very good job...
Old 10-28-2008 at 07:56 PM   #4
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

It's possible. But it's more likely that people aren't respecting that others are sharing the space and leave everything a mess.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 10-28-2008 at 08:49 PM   #5
wintermelon

Well, how is/was your experience with them?
Old 10-28-2008 at 08:58 PM   #6
nh999
Elite Member

Liked: 15 Times

I lived in Woodstock in first year, and found the washrooms to be pretty clean. That was never an issue. In fact, I was assured that they were being cleaned because I saw the custodian around quite frequently, assuming of course that she was actually doing her work well.
Old 10-28-2008 at 09:46 PM   #7
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

I don't think custodial clean on Saturdays... at least they didn't in my first year.

Some other residences have the occasional room that has it's own bathroom and you are responsible for that. If it's behind your door, it's your job.

Old 10-29-2008 at 07:09 AM   #8
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Mine we okay...there were about 50 girls sharing 6 showers, 2 tubs and 6-8 sinks. Weekends were generally messier/less clean than weekends.

And it is quite possible that they changed the cleaning schedule...my first year was quite some time ago, so I have a feeling it is M-F as Sabrina said.

Old 10-29-2008 at 10:04 AM   #9
Maegs
Elite Member

Liked: 26 Times

i know for sure they clean on saturday mornings, i've been up at about 8:30 on saturdays and seen the staff in woodstock. the washrooms are clean from a dirt point of view, but there'll sometimes be the one person who gets kicks from ripping up toilet paper and leaving it all over the place or something. that tended to be at the beginning of the year though, i haven't seen any of that for a while.
there's probably about 20-25 girls on my floor, and i've never had to wait for a shower or anything (3 showers, 1 tub, 4 stalls, 5 sinks)
Old 10-29-2008 at 06:38 PM   #10
Cippi

Liked: 1 Time

If it's still like it used to be, what happens on Saturdays is more of a "tidying" than a "cleaning". In other words, they'll empty the garbages, pick up loose paper towels, etc., but not actually scrub or wash anything unless it's very obviously needed. Monday through Friday the bathrooms get a full cleaning every day, though.