MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
You NEED to Watch This. mellye Anime & Comic Books 10 09-18-2010 10:46 PM
What does it take for you to watch a movie? lawleypop Movies & Television 56 04-25-2010 06:00 PM
New blog - MSU watch! msupundit General Discussion 28 12-01-2009 10:03 PM
where to watch tv online? lorend General Discussion 19 09-07-2009 12:01 AM
Watch This! lorend General Discussion 0 10-06-2007 06:25 PM

What to watch for in September...

MacInsiders has a lot in store for September, we'll be counting down the days till Welcome Week and providing you all the details you need to know to have an amazing time!

Here's a sneak peek of what to expect over the next few weeks:

MacInsiders Celebrates 11,000 Members

1. MACINSIDERS BACK-TO-SCHOOL GIVEAWAY!
We're going to have a member-exclusive giveaway draw that will start next week. With a lot of amazing prizes... from a video camera to an iPod music mixer, to back-to-school essentials we're giving it all away as a thank you for being a member of MacInsiders. There will be 4 grand prizes, and you will be able to enter the giveaway online as many times as you want simply by inviting your friends to learn about MacInsiders via Facebook. Details will be announced soon. You can also enter by filling out a ballot at our MacInsiders Booth on Clubsfest Day, Wednesday September 8th. Meet members of the MacInsiders team and we'll have some exciting things in store for you!

When: Wednesday September 8, 2010
Where: MUSC Marketplace/ BSB lawn
Run time: 9:00am- 1:30pm
Set-up: 8: 00am

2. OUR 2ND ANNUAL MACINSIDERS SOCIAL!
Last year we had an amazing "MacInsiders Social" that took place at Boston Pizza. Everyone enjoyed unlimited free pizza and drinks on us, and we met members of the MI community, most of us for the first time in person. The event was a huge success, with over 50 people completely maxing out BP's dining room! This year we're taking it to an even BIGGER, classier venue... Stonewalls.

With ice breakers and prizes, it's a great way to meet new people and put faces to usernames on MacInsiders! Plus winners of the Back-To-School Giveaway will be announced at our MI Social event! Open to all members, this year's event will be held at Stonewalls, a new restaurant in Hamilton located near Copps Coliseum at 339 York Blvd, Hamilton, ON L8R 3K5... and one of MacInsider's new sponsors! The food selection is your usual pub choices (burgers, pizza, etc) but cooked by a REAL chef, and the pizza is all stone oven-baked. We'll have plenty of food and beverages for you so make sure you come with an appetite! All MacInsiders members will also receive 15% off coupons to use throughout the year. Check back for details on the event and more as we announce it in the upcoming weeks.

Published by
MacInsiders Founder/Admin

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 08-21-2010 at 06:16 PM   #2
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times
Weeee, sound great!

Old 08-21-2010 at 08:48 PM   #3
Qadd

Liked: 3 Times
Chad, you're totally awesome!

Old 08-21-2010 at 09:11 PM   #4
p.lau

Liked: Liked 8 Times
OooOoOoh the menu looks yum

Old 08-26-2010 at 11:55 PM   #5
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times
Is it really "2nd Annual" if the first one was only about four months ago?

I kid, I kid. =p

Old 08-27-2010 at 12:13 AM   #6
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times
LOL. I consider annual going by school year haha

Old 08-27-2010 at 06:59 AM   #7
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times
WHEN YOU SAY DRINKS ARE ON YOU, DOES THIS MEAN BOOZE?

(if no, shame on you for false advertising)

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 08-27-2010 at 07:12 AM   #8
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

We aren't allowed to advertise free alcohol You'll just have to find out once you get there!

Old 08-27-2010 at 09:59 PM   #9
LazyNinja

Liked: 6 Times
Does anybody know whenabouts the social is going to be? I'm sure it's not totally worked out yet, but just a general idea. It sounds awesome!

Old 08-27-2010 at 10:05 PM   #10
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyNinja View Post
Does anybody know whenabouts the social is going to be? I'm sure it's not totally worked out yet, but just a general idea. It sounds awesome!
It's most likely going to be Thursday (16th). Chad should be posting an announcement soon enough with all the details.

Old 08-27-2010 at 10:15 PM   #11
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times
any idea on the time of day? I work til 8 on thursdays. Would suck to miss it. Last septembers was awesome.

Old 08-29-2010 at 11:19 AM   #12
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

Social will run dinner time most likely start at 5:30 and run into the evening. Last year's event went till around 9pm. Once you eat and we give out the prizes and such, people come and go as they please. You can stick around as long as you want

Old 08-29-2010 at 10:30 PM   #13
belindz!

Liked: 17 Times
awesome possum indeed

Old 08-30-2010 at 11:00 AM   #14
MCHEDDENITE
Elite Member

Liked: 96 Times
im excited!!! time to put a face to a name... (the only one i can do that ith is chad lol )

Old 08-31-2010 at 08:20 PM   #15
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times
Can we confirm the date? Some of us have jobs and whatnot.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search