MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
where do you watch tv shows? macbaby07 General Discussion 20 04-03-2011 12:58 AM
Anyone know where to watch... shes-a-diva* General Discussion 12 01-21-2011 01:44 PM
You NEED to Watch This. mellye Anime & Comic Books 10 09-18-2010 10:46 PM
New blog - MSU watch! msupundit General Discussion 28 12-01-2009 10:03 PM
Watch This! lorend General Discussion 0 10-06-2007 06:25 PM

Watch the Throne!

Old 08-08-2011 at 12:39 PM   #1
Got Em

Liked: 4 Times

Watch the Throne!
Anyone hear Watch The Throne album. Itss dopeeeeeeeeeeeee! Productions solid and lyrcism is on point for the most point. Thoughts?

Carly., jhan523, patela77 like this.
Old 08-08-2011 at 01:10 PM   #2
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

It was a solid album and probably the best thing recently from Jay-z, but Kanye's MBDTF was better. I'd put it as the second best album so far this year behind Kendrick Lamar's Section 80 (Though with Childish Gambino's Camp, J. Cole's Cole World, and Drake's Take Care all coming out in the fall that probably won't last)
Old 08-08-2011 at 01:13 PM   #3
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

So dope girl?
Old 08-08-2011 at 01:39 PM   #4
Got Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
It was a solid album and probably the best thing recently from Jay-z, but Kanye's MBDTF was better. I'd put it as the second best album so far this year behind Kendrick Lamar's Section 80 (Though with Childish Gambino's Camp, J. Cole's Cole World, and Drake's Take Care all coming out in the fall that probably won't last)
Yeah MBDTF was best album last year hands down imo. Not a single bad track. I dont really bump kendrick lamar but everyone raving bout this dude maybe i should give em a listen. Only track i heard from him was Hipower. Take Care should be dope im waitin on that since time but headlines wasnt that dope imo. Drizzy needa go back to his comeback season ishh. ND Cole world gon be dope. Return of simba was one of realest tracks this year.
Old 08-08-2011 at 06:47 PM   #5
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Listen to Kendrick if you haven't yet, he's probably the most talented unsigned artist to drop a mixtape since J. Cole

patela77 likes this.
Old 08-08-2011 at 09:44 PM   #6
mmaric

Liked: 0 Times

Listening to it right now. It's leaving a good impression, but I'm gonna have to listen to it a bit more to figure out what the stand-out tracks are...
Old 08-09-2011 at 05:13 PM   #7
Got Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaric View Post
Listening to it right now. It's leaving a good impression, but I'm gonna have to listen to it a bit more to figure out what the stand-out tracks are...
These are the standout tracks IMO.
New Day- Ill concept of talking about future kids. Productions dope.
Welcome to the jungle- I love the chorus ” Whats a mob to a king, whats a king to a god, whats a god to a non beliver”. Bars are solid. Beats on point.
Murder to excellence- Dope production. Kanye rips it IMO. ” I come from the murder capittal where they murder for capital…….”
Gotta Have It- Dope ass beat. I like the back and forth between jay and ye.
*****s in paris- Dope Dope ass production. The banger on the album. Bars are nice.
Old 08-10-2011 at 09:24 AM   #8
mackenzie6

I had really high expectations for this album and I definitely wasn't dissapointed. It didn't blow me away, but it's still great! It sometimes feels like they're holding back to give each other room, but the lyrics are very solid and I love the random soundbites in the middle of tracks. New Day is my favourite track so far. I you don't have the 4 bonus tracks check them out, they're all wicked!
Old 08-10-2011 at 10:12 AM   #9
patela77

I got the Concert tickets for nov 23 at the ACC! Who's going?!
Old 08-10-2011 at 10:20 AM   #10
YungJoc

Liked: 7 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by patela77 View Post
I got 2 pairs of tickets! looking to sell one pair to help furnish the costs of the other. it's gonna be sickk!!
Old 08-10-2011 at 02:27 PM   #11
Got Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by patela77 View Post
ima get tickets so soon. Jay and Yeezy. Too dope to miss. Nd im sure Big Sean will drop by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackenzie6 View Post
I had really high expectations for this album and I definitely wasn't dissapointed. It didn't blow me away, but it's still great! It sometimes feels like they're holding back to give each other room, but the lyrics are very solid and I love the random soundbites in the middle of tracks. New Day is my favourite track so far. I you don't have the 4 bonus tracks check them out, they're all wicked!
New day is sickkk. I lovee Murder to excellence kanye ripped itt. His verse is sooo dopee!

Last edited by jhan523 : 08-10-2011 at 02:52 PM.
Old 08-10-2011 at 06:52 PM   #12
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

I was planning on going then I saw the ticket prices... gonna go see J. Cole instead and pocket the $250 difference
Old 08-10-2011 at 07:15 PM   #13
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

overhyped .

J. Dorey likes this.
Old 08-10-2011 at 10:17 PM   #14
Got Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
I was planning on going then I saw the ticket prices... gonna go see J. Cole instead and pocket the $250 difference
Huhh. Whens Coles concert? Im so down to see that. Would be livee. Can u gimme the details???
Old 08-10-2011 at 10:50 PM   #15
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Em View Post
Huhh. Whens Coles concert? Im so down to see that. Would be livee. Can u gimme the details???
http://www.songkick.com/concerts/100...-sound-academy

Got Em says thanks to Tailsnake for this post.