MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
no modification allowed for certain course? hilaryn Academics 6 08-11-2010 12:11 PM
Claiming a Double Minor? rebeccaaa Academics 1 06-16-2010 09:07 AM
Is this allowed? aaront General Discussion 32 04-06-2010 06:36 PM
Double major w/ minor John H Academics 15 12-27-2009 11:00 PM
Getting a minor or double major in economics kgill Academics 2 04-11-2009 03:21 PM

are we allowed to do a double MINOR

Old 01-25-2010 at 11:19 AM   #1
myInteger

Liked: 1 Time

are we allowed to do a double MINOR
I'll be switching into commerce this september. I want to major in finance and currently im working towards an econ minor. Though I really like econ, I feel my heart lies in doing a math minor.

I just can't decide between them. I was in engineering so I only need 6 upper year math courses and only 3 more econ courses for a minor.

Because Im switching majors, I don't think I will be able to graduate on time...I'll probably end up taking another semester with like 1 course. so i was thinking I might as well take a full load in this extra semester.

NOW i just want to know do they even allow two minors?
Old 01-25-2010 at 11:54 AM   #2
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

To be honest, I don't know how many minors you can fill in on your graduation card in 4th year, but technically it can be possible. You probably need 24 credits in both for them to be considered minors. This might be tough if you're also doing a major, which is typically 120 units if you're doing honours.

Take a look at the undergraduate calender, and plan out your remaining years and see if you can fit it all. It might also be a good idea to ask an academic advisor to help with the planning bit, they may have suggestions -- and will be able to tell you for sure if you can double minor.
Old 01-25-2010 at 12:35 PM   #3
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Just so you know, a minor isn't listed on your diploma, it's only awarded based on credits. So basically, you know you have a minor, but it doesn't really matter in the end.

That being said, I believe you can declare two of them, yes.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement